I've searched, to no avail.

Sure, it isn't a superb peice of equipment, but its all I have pedal wise, and I like the wah, even though it is doubtlessly inferior to most. My problem is I have yet to figure out how to get the wah effect over my plain bass sound, as such as when the pedal is bypassed. All the presets pretty much blow for actual playing, however fun they are too fool with, and adding wah to even the cleanest and least synth sounding ("Slap" or "Punch") still sounds vastly inferior to my natural 'Ray tone. Is there anyway to simple put the way over a completely blank preset or something? If not, how can I utilize the supposed 40 blank userpreset things?

Sorry for the rambling nature of this post, but its quite consternating.

Muchas gracias for any assistance anyone can provide.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Umm i have a BP80 so i'll try to help.

To clear a channel i'd go through on one of the first 40 presets and delete every effect on it, this should give you a clear sound coming through then add wah

Wah - what you need to do is make sure the thing has the wah effect on, so go to Fretless/Wah and make sure that is set to either Cr (crybaby), Bo (Boutique) or FR (Fullrange) and then go to expression and change that to AH, then you'll be set to play.
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Last edited by Double Basser at Jun 19, 2006,
How do you delete all the effects on a preset?
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by Yertle
How do you delete all the effects on a preset?

go to each effect that has the red LED lit up (im using a bp80, im assuming the 200 is like this too) and change the quality of that effect to "0" or to neutral
isn't off oF?

anyway it's good to see another user of a BP80, i love mine
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
It's a terrible pedal. None of the presets that come with it are usable, and all the other ones just make volume swells. The "wah" sounds like the bass and midrange were dropped all the way, and the distortion is just horrible.

My least favorite part is the bypass. Since it is NOT true bypass, the bass signal still runs through the circuit board of the pedal. I bought it before I got my Ibanez, and on my Squire it sounded fine, but you lose almost ALL of your tone when you have your bass plugged into it, even if it is on bypass.

So, to answer your question, just make a new preset with everything set to zero or off.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
It's a terrible pedal. None of the presets that come with it are usable, and all the other ones just make volume swells. The "wah" sounds like the bass and midrange were dropped all the way, and the distortion is just horrible.

My least favorite part is the bypass. Since it is NOT true bypass, the bass signal still runs through the circuit board of the pedal. I bought it before I got my Ibanez, and on my Squire it sounded fine, but you lose almost ALL of your tone when you have your bass plugged into it, even if it is on bypass.

So, to answer your question, just make a new preset with everything set to zero or off.

the wah i hate, but you can mess with the distortion to get something decent. it depends what kind of distortion you want tho.

personally if i do have dist on my bass (which is like never lol, but if i do, i dont want a fuzz or an overdrive, i want a nice tight distortion. and i can get that out of my bp200.

im currently studying a bit on electronics and i might try to convert the bp into a true bypass pedal. tho ive only heard it done with single effects peds, and im guessing multi effects would be harder and would have lot more inside to risk screwing up. im not gonna do it anytime soon tho, and before i even consider it, i'll of course as "GB&C" if its possible.
^Well, I have a Big Muff Pi, the greatest pedal ever, so I have something to compare it to

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
^Well, I have a Big Muff Pi, the greatest pedal ever, so I have something to compare it to

but then, any single effects beats out a multi

is there any multi effects you could honestly say delivers a Big Muff-ish tone as well as the BM itself? nope!

if you do tho, i dont really care, im not planning on getting pedals. theyre kinda overrated in the sense that now i dont see any practicality in them lol.
I don't mind the bp80 whatsoever, and live, I put my bass through both the bp80, and a zoom 505 for guitar. he effects I get out of it I feel are good, so I use them... btw, any bp80 users got any cool Tool-style patches? I can't figure it out for the life of me:S