Post pics of your Fender Strats here:
Here's mine. A new '05 Fender American Stratocaster Chrome Blue with a maple fretboard, plays like butter, most amazing guitar I have ever played. (I just ordered a white perloid pickguard for this as well so that will be the only change in the near future. Then after that I may go for some Kinman pickups)
Flash ON:

Flash OFF:
Last edited by slugger21 at Jun 19, 2006,
That's a really...bright...blue. I'm not so sure I like it. Is it really that sparkly or is it the camera flash?
If that thing was white I'd steal it.
the flash really brightened it up, its a more deep blue than that, jsut depends what kind of lighting you have, its like a blue that is a deeper blue than royal blue and has a little sparkle in it (its not as sky blue as it looks in the pic)

EDIT: I just put a pic with no flash in my original post
Last edited by slugger21 at Jun 19, 2006,
This is a good thread, i'm wanting to buy a new standard strat very soon, but i can't figure out what i want the colours to be... i want it to look kinda hard rockin so i'm definately thinking sunburst but then i had the idea of getting some sorta crazy colour scratch plate to blend with an outta this world colour... i like morello's new one for audioslave... but i can't bring myself to copy it.
Try finding a picture of a sunburst with one of those tortise shell (dark black/red mix thing, not sure what its called) pickguards. Looks interesting.
my music myspace!

Quote by cefasnacht
Quote by Dobzilla
I've never had peanutbutter...
wtf!?!?!?!
Quote by Grunge

I love you! Can I have one? Any reason why you have 5 of them? Seems like you should have spent some of that money on an amp!

*real* 1957 Stratocaster
*real* 1974-76 Telecaster (just FYI)
(its the only good pic I got of the strat)
I found the strat in a friend of my grandmas attic, wrapped in cloth. total cost $400!!!
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Last edited by Ranger01 at Jun 19, 2006,

69 Sunburst Fender Strat

79 Daphne Blue Fender Strat with all gold hardware

Last edited by Free the Beast at Jun 19, 2006,
sorry, had to resize it because of the stupid file limit or whatever. Its a contemporary strat, 2 knobs, a coil tap and 5-way switch. 2 singles 1 humbucker. system 3 bridge.
(Invalid img)
Attachments:
guitar 002.jpg
guitar 004.jpg
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
party pooper
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Quote by Roc8995
That's a really...bright...blue. I'm not so sure I like it. Is it really that sparkly or is it the camera flash?
If that thing was white I'd steal it.

It's a really awesome color. Seriously, best..blue..ever

It's sort of like Lake Placid Blue but blue-er

Not very sparkly

it changes colors in different lights (well stays blue but different shades..changes shades)
Quote by Grunge

someting smells like photoshop
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
YEAH GRUNGE i have the same color strat as you do and they are awesome looking.... but any reason you have like 5 of them or did you photoshop them on there???
Quote by bean-o

your mum?
Quote by Arlabester
you suck, emo rocks, case closed
This is my 2001 American Standard Stratocaster with the following mods: custom pearloid pickguard with H-S-H configuration, Paul Reed Smith Vintage Bass pickup in the neck, DiMarzio Chopper in the mid, and Paul Reed Smith HFS in the bridge. Custom black knobs, custom 5 way switch with coil splitting in the 2 and 4 positions. Master volume and tone, 2nd tone is inactive. You can hear sound clips of it in my dmusic link below.

Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Jun 20, 2006,
Quote by bean-o

I think it's faux multiple exposure. Set your camera in a fixed position, then take several pictures of the room with the Strat in different locations. Then go into photoshop and combine the shots into one image by carefully cutting and pasting.

That's the only explanation I can give for anyone having 5 identical Strats! lol All sunburst and all rosewood.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Last edited by Armored Artist at Jun 20, 2006,
So uh I got a few Strat's laying around here, maybe I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it up, although I dont think they'll all fit in one picture.

just my one baby.
2001 American Standard, Schaller lockers, Graphtech saddles, Texas Specials

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
just my one baby.
2001 American Standard, Schaller lockers, Graphtech saddles, Texas Specials

Dude, that is a sweet couch!!!

Leather?
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
how do the texas specials sound?
"All Randy ever wanted to do was play the guitar."

Quote by Xenn99
Or...were you playing Fallout Boy? Because then it's obvious what happened. Your Low E String committed suicide.

"I don't fucking eat donuts"
Quote by Raising_Hell

best way to describe how they sound... SRV

I would post a picture of my strat, but its kind of in peices right now.... customizing and stuff.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by Dudage
Dude, that is a sweet couch!!!

Leather?

yeah, you weren't supposed to be looking at the couch!

Quote by Raeising_Hell

I love em, perfect for that Texas dirty blues tone.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
sweet, i was going to decide between texas specials or noiseless pickups to replace the old ones in my strat, i'm not sure which to get, but i've been into blues alot lately.

Quote by Xenn99
Or...were you playing Fallout Boy? Because then it's obvious what happened. Your Low E String committed suicide.

Quote by Raising_Hell
sweet, i was going to decide between texas specials or noiseless pickups to replace the old ones in my strat, i'm not sure which to get, but i've been into blues alot lately.

I would definately go with the texas specials. they sound awsome.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

alright awesome i think i will

Quote by Xenn99

they are definitely a hot pickup, but they are great for that dirty sound. I did a little lead clip over a backing track a while ago if you want to hear them. It's not great quality unfortunately, it's just the strat straight into a Podxt with a clean patch + screamer effect. They are definiltey a lot of fun for the grittier blues stuff.
amp clips
amp vids
oh man, that was awesome.

I really liked the tone.

Quote by Xenn99

thanks man I think you will enjoy them.

If you're looking to save loot, I've been told me the Tex Mex are very close to the Texas Specials for a lot less money. I've never tried them personally however, I can only vouge for the Texas Specials. It might be worth checking out though.
amp clips
amp vids
alright, i'll check them out, thanks man.

Quote by Xenn99