Hey, how many of you listen to Nina?

I think she is a wonderful musician and composer. I have the very best of her CD and it's wonderful. Just wondering if anyone else listens to her?

Ireally like the song "Consummation" The opening sounds almost like graduation music
Its how you look and how you feel
Hmm I heard a song by her on the radio once, it was sweet. I also watched a music video of one of her songs made by the guys who did wallace & gromit and chicken run, it was pretty cool.

Any recommendations?

BTW isn't she jazz?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Last edited by raise_the_dead at Jun 20, 2006,
Her best of is great, don't think I'd be so into her normal albums though, I'd just be flicking to the ones I know.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Well. I'm not really sure what she is considered. I don't know a whole lot about her, but I was recently listening to this best of album and thought it was great. Try finding the best of album somewhere and pick it up, it's really good.
Its how you look and how you feel
I discovered her by listening to Jeff Buckley. Her vocal style is definitely unique. It was a bit of an acquired taste for me, but I like her music (or what I've heard thus far of it).
Hi, I'm Peter
I guess I'll pick that best of if i see it.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Like her music+voice, what ive heard from her I have liked but havnt heard enough yet.

Feeling good is a classic for sure though. edit: (or was that Billie holliday?)
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Last edited by Blackbullet at Jun 21, 2006,
Id have to say my favourite album would be, The Best Of Nina Simone...

I realise probably only English people will get this, I apologise for nothing.
Enjoy your worries, you may never have them again.

The Books.
Yeah she was pretty talented. Mississippi Goddam sends chills down my spine.