Alright, I've been looking for a new amp for a while, and I guess I need some expert advice on what to get. I play nu metal and a little classic rock, like Mudvayne, Korn, Metallica, Slayer, Ozzy/Black Sabbath, and AC/DC. I want a good clean channel too where I can really hear the tone, playing songs like Nothing Else Matters (Metallica).

I'm planning on spending anywhere from $250 - around $600? Looking for a powerful combo.

Amps that have appealed to me:
Line 6 Spider II 210 <--Don't want my guitar to sound digital...
Behringer V-AMPIRE LX 112 <--Want stereo amp/more power
Marshall MG250DFX Stereo Combo <--Heard this thing has some major issues, like speakers blowing out

Anything you guys recommend or strongly disagree with would help this decision a lot.
X> My Gear <X
-Jackson JS30RR Guitar
-Crate GT-15 Amplifier (Marshall MG half stack soon!)
-Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon Pedal
-Digitech RP100-A Modeling Processor
Oh yeah, one more thing to add: I'm not doing any gigging now, but I might be in the future.
As of now, I'm just jamming with a couple other guitarists and possibly a drummer soon.

I also looked at the ONLY Which Amp Thread, but I'm not really sure what I want yet and figure I should go there once I'm deciding between a few. I could be wrong and get flamed too though.
X> My Gear <X
-Jackson JS30RR Guitar
-Crate GT-15 Amplifier (Marshall MG half stack soon!)
-Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon Pedal
-Digitech RP100-A Modeling Processor
Last edited by [ Lunar Tear ] at Jun 19, 2006,
Or you should check out the FM 212
its clean channel is good and its a SS, good for Nu metal
or the check out the Peavey Valveking combos
im not as up on amps as i used to be, but once you start looking to spend over $500 you should start looking for tube combos. if you dont mind buying used you actually have a lot of options there. the line 6 and marshall you listed are big ones to avoid, they might sound good now but as soon as you start to play with it you wont like it anymore.

i suggest you look at a few peavey amps. the classic 30 ran for about $400-$450 when i got mine. might not have enough gain for you, so you could put a tube screamer or something in front of it. used you could look into a XXX or maybe 5150 or something. traynor have some nice tube amps in your price range if i remember correctly. fender has a few tube amps in that range as well, but none of them really has a great distortion for metal so they would need a pedal.

thats all i can come up with at the moment, but im sure someone else will have more and better suggestions.