in the very near future i will purchase either a fender strat or fender telecaster, witch one should i pick? i want to do alot of customizing and moddifications, but i also want somting realiable and versitile
If i say im lying am i telling the truth?
Shawn Lane Rest In Peace!
Rip Dimbag
and sadly Rip Roger "Syd" Barrett gone but not forgotten
and more so recently Brad Delp
Quote by last_biscuit
A dyslexic man walks into a bra
personally I'd go with a Strat, take a look at the Strat thread and tell me you can't resist a beautiful looking strat
i struggled with the same question and ended up with the tele. everyone and their brother has a strat.
What kind of music do you play? What amp do you have? What other guitars do you own?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
If you want to do a lot of customizing the strat would be the easiest to customize since pretty much every single guitar store or site will carry parts for a strat. i am sure teles are easy to mod as well but ive never looked into it. both are reliable guitars so it probably comes down to cosmetics when you choose. i think strats are sexier
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
DEFINATELY Strat

customizing... either Std or American have humbucker routing at the bridge, the American's have humbucker routing at the neck..

3 different pickups, much sexier more contoured design.. definately Strat
strat if your going to customize, tele if your not.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Thanx for yall help after reading some reviews im probably going to go with the strat. and i play blues, blues-rock, rock some mettalic type metal and a little shred (shredding is what im working on learning the most) i play through a 30 watt marshall with a hendrix crybaby wah and a a little rp-50 moddeling petal.
Rip Dimbag
Quote by last_biscuit
To be honest, there are better guitars out there for what you want to do

You're going to need a new amp also.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I vote for tele, because pretty much everyone owns a strat (which actually shows how great it is). Just play both and see which one you find more comfortable/nicer to look at at, since they can do each others tones pretty good.
The Strat may have "more" tones mathematically, but the 3 tones a Standard Tele has are much better than the 5 a Strat has.
Hi, I'm Peter
Strats are very versatile guitars, so if you're going to customise it then it would be good as you could just sort of lean its sound away from that and towards your own style. You could do that with a tele too, but it is less versatile so you would have to deal with making larger changes to it's sound.
well they are both easy to mod.
but if u want to play (some) metal, ull want a humbucker. so get a tele with a humbucker, or a fat strat.
whichever one u like the looks and feel of better.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Dirk Gently
^^^ *waits patiently for the G&L pitch...*

I was gonna actually suggest he get an Ibanez RG .

Strats and teles fretboard radius is too low for shredding in my opinion. Too much hitting of the other strings while bending .

...although if you really want to get a strat or a tele...

G&L > Fender

Quote by utsapp89
Frankly I'd get a tele or G&L ASAT. I think strats are great but there just aren't as many hotrod tele styles out there.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Mace Mchullah
Thanx for yall help after reading some reviews im probably going to go with the strat. and i play blues, blues-rock, rock some mettalic type metal and a little shred (shredding is what im working on learning the most) i play through a 30 watt marshall with a hendrix crybaby wah and a a little rp-50 moddeling petal.

go with a malmsteen signature if you can. One of the best strats ever, especially for learning to shred.
Dickless.
He's talking about $400 guitars, not $1,400. And scalloped fretboards aren't easier to play on, generally speaking.
Hi, I'm Peter
Why would you want to kill a teles simplicity?

Tele all the way!
You won't be around forever girl, you gotta grab life with both hands.

Gear:
USA Fender Telecaster
Tweed Fender Blues Junior
Boss DD-3
Boss RC-2
Boss BD-2
Boss GE-7
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Handmade AB box
MXR Micro Amp Clone
^^^ I agree with you. I'm going to be building a custom Warmoth Tele later on this year, if I don't wuss out and buy a Rickenbacker, that is
Hi, I'm Peter
Dude, don't listen to what other people tell you to do, it's your decision.

It's simple, go to the guitar store, play both (and they both need humbuckers, because of your style) through an amp that is either the same or is very similar. Choose whichever you like most.

Simple Dimple.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
That's what i plan to do....and i have an ibanez rg i just want a somthing on the side that would stand out like how evh took 3 great guitars and built one extrodinary one eric clapton did the same thing (blackie). i've played both a start and atele on multiple ocasions, by now it comes down to 3 things price, tone, and playablitiy thax again
Rip Dimbag
Quote by last_biscuit
Last edited by Mace Mchullah at Nov 9, 2006,