I'm considering trading my Twin Reverb for a 50 watt JCM 900 and a 4x12.

I know i'll be almost completely losing a good clean, but the marshall is just too cool. I'm not in a band right now, so it really won't matter there, and whenever I get in a band and need a good clean I could drop $400 or so on a used fender amp.

So, what do you think? Is it a good trade?
Marshall's are nice, and what's the matter with the Marshall Clean? But I guess you can use a pedal to make distortion on a clean channel, but not a pedal to make clean on a distorted channel. I'd still take the Marshall, just because it's such a classic amp, as long as it's in good condition.
thanks for the replys.

i've had the twin for over a year and i have some really good dist. pedals (ocd, ts9, tonebone hot brittish, keeley fuzz head). The fuzz head boosting the JCM 900 is awesome! I think that it's time for a change. My influence is really more slash and hendrix. I went and played it today and I think that i'll get by w/ the clean.
Quote by swd250
thanks for the replys.

i've had the twin for over a year and i have some really good dist. pedals (ocd, ts9, tonebone hot brittish, keeley fuzz head). The fuzz head boosting the JCM 900 is awesome! I think that it's time for a change. My influence is really more slash and hendrix. I went and played it today and I think that i'll get by w/ the clean.

By all means get the Marshall then!
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
Get the Marshall then if you preferred it to your Twin.

But go and play a few more amps in that price range, you might even like something else more.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
well the tubes went out in the twin yesterday, so i'm losing $100 trade or no trade.

my dad "owes" me a les paul for academic reasons and my birthday is in a couple of weeks so i'm really hoping to get it then. I think i'll wait to see if I get the les paul and play it through the retubed twin and see if I like it and then make my decision on the trade.
Member #1 of the ' I <3 mids club,' PM roc8995 to join

Gibson 58' reissue
MIM strat
Vox v847 (truebypass mod)
modded Ts9
Fulltone OCD
Tonebone Hotbritish
Keeley Fuzzhead
WH-1 whammy
assorted swirlly stuff
Boss DM-3
Fender Twin Reverb