Alrighty, I'm modding my first guitar, a Johnson strat copy. Well, not so much modding as dropping in new electronics. Anyway, I'm buying a pre-loaded pickguard from guitar fetish and I want to have a hot Van Halen-sounding bridge single coil. No, I don't want to sound like EVH everytime I pick up my guitar, I just want that kind of a sound. I know a humbucker would be better, but I don't have the tools or the experience to cut into the body for a humbucker.

What would be a good bridge pickup? Will I need to wire it differently due to the higher output bridge pickup, or will it just be louder? Thanks.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
well you coudl get one of those hot rails, its' two coisl stacked on top of each otehr to emuilate a humbucker.
Yeah I've looked into those. I've also been looking at the dimarzio super distortion 2...will I need to rewire anything?
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Quote by kaplac
well you coudl get one of those hot rails, its' two coisl stacked on top of each otehr to emuilate a humbucker.

No, hot rails is two coils side-by-side.
Stacked humbuckers usually have 'stacked' or 'stack' in their name.