Tsuekasa
268 IQ
I always thought they were 2 seperated companys, but i saw the "fender by squire" on a squire tele. I justu want to know the difference. Is the squire for like beginners or something , sorry im new to guitars. Thinking of gettin a Telecaster and would like some help.
vizo
red star army
254 IQ
It's a company Fender owns. They make lower end guitars with lower quality hardware, pickups, wood ect..
B-52 AT-100 -> Marshall 1936 -> Eastwood Johnny Ramone Elite
ratmzep
Banned
60 IQ
Get the squire they are like regular fenders only elite
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
2,916 IQ
dont get a suire. ever. no matter what. it will be worth it to spend extra on a fender. trust me. never buy squire. ever.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
redwing_suck
Official UG "Do It" Ref
4,054 IQ
^Riiiiight....

Fender owns Squire. Fender makes quality instruments. Squire makes ****ty Fender instruments.
Looking for my India/Django.
snipelfritz
Senior Fun Correspondent
1,554 IQ
In conclusion, Squire is the 'budget' version of Fender. In other words, as InanezGuitars44, never buy Squier.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
seltzer
395 IQ
squire is to fender as epiphone is to gibson
TheFluffy
Banned
1,680 IQ
Quote by InanezGuitars44
dont get a suire. ever. no matter what. it will be worth it to spend extra on a fender. trust me. never buy squire. ever.

You are an idiot.

Squiers can be great first guitars. I bet 50% of people start with a Squier, so dont talk like everyone has tons of money to blow. What if they arnt sure they wanna play, and they spend 350 on a Fender and dont want to play anymore? Better to have spent less. I have a 20th Anniversary Strat and it plays like a dream. Thats right, i have a Squier that plays nice. I also have a Jackson RR3 and a Gibson SG Voodoo, so i know my guitars.

Quote by ratmzep

You are an idiot too, i dont even need to explain why.
Armored Artist
121 IQ
The difference lies in quality of materials and craftsmanship.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

redaxe
UG's Paul Gilbert
545 IQ
Quote by seltzer
squire is to fender as epiphone is to gibson

You can't make that comparison, Epiphone makes GOOD guitars. Gibsons are way too overpriced. Fenders aren't overpriced. IMO Ibanez and Gio Ibanez are also like Fender and Squire. Gio Ibanez guitars are crap, I have one. Well not crap, but ....ok...well...they're bang for the bucK!
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
TheFluffy
Banned
1,680 IQ
Quote by redaxe
You can't make that comparison, Epiphone makes GOOD guitars. Gibsons are way too overpriced. Fenders aren't overpriced. IMO Ibanez and Gio Ibanez are also like Fender and Squire. Gio Ibanez guitars are crap, I have one. Well not crap, but ....ok...well...they're bang for the bucK!

Epi makes some OK guitars(elitists) but their lower line can be outdone by an agile for the price.

Gibsons arnt overpriced. You want the best? You have to pay for it. I personally dont like Fenders at all, and ive tried lots of them. I dont think they are over priced eather, they do what they are made for. Ibanez makes great guitars, and they are nicely priced.
Armored Artist
121 IQ
^ Not only are Gibsons overpriced, they are ridiculously overpriced. They're just not worth their prices. Btw, Gibson is far from being the best.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Last edited by Armored Artist at Jun 20, 2006,
amazingdm
Banned
2,208 IQ
I don't think Squiers would be too bad. how hard is it to file down fret ends? (im asking, not sarcasm)

you're not a pro yet so it won't matter,
some have amazing paintjobs
EmoSentinel
A7X -
255 IQ
A squier is a very basic, guiutar for beguiners, that will last about 2 months for abeguiner... then they will get pissed and not like it... its popular because this is what most shops buy as a starter pack to sell to their customers since it's not as expensive...
ESP Horizon FM Standard
Spider II line 6 30 watt
Uber Metal - line 6 effect
TheFluffy
Banned
1,680 IQ
Quote by Armored Artist
^ Not only are Gibsons overpriced, they are ridiculously overpriced. They're just not worth their prices. Btw, Gibson is far from being the best.

Of course they arnt , I forgot this is UG. UG hates Gibson. Its all opinion i suppose, but i have yet to see a better mass market les paul.
Quote by EmoSentinel
A squier is a very basic, guiutar for beguiners, that will last about 2 months for abeguiner... then they will get pissed and not like it... its popular because this is what most shops buy as a starter pack to sell to their customers since it's not as expensive...

Im playing my Squier right now, and i have a Gibson and a Jackson sitting 4 feet from me.
imapunkforlife
164 IQ
i hav squire and a bc rich...haha sucky guitar heaven i kno...and squires do suck but they arent bad for practice i use mine at home and when im writing alone but ya i stick with the bc rich when im in front of people becuz squires to go a little down hill.. i mean i loved my strat when i bought it, it was in good shape but they die quick, the neck bowed the bottom chipped the tremelo got stuck the nobs starting constantly falling off.... anyways just buy a squire, cheap and useable just make sure u hav something better when/if u join a band
Squier Stratocaster
B.C. Rich Beast
Conrad 40110 (12-string Acoustic)
15 Watt Squier Amp
12 Watt B.C. Rich Amp
PODxt Live
scotchtape
UG Newbie
142 IQ
Quote by ratmzep

that is one of the funniest things ive read in a long time
Quote by unplugtheradio
sometimes people sig me, dont tell me, and i see it later. its a weird feeling.

he's bulletproof

Quote by IbanezPlayer27
There's Black Amish People that use computer's
Cocnut Rag
UG Newbie
133 IQ
your better off getting a guitar from a pawnshop, you could easily find a used MIM strat or tele for the price of a squire
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
The UG Squirrel
247 IQ
Quote by EmoSentinel

Squiers are not bad at all for a beginner. I've had mine for three years, and whilst I'm glad to get rid of it as my main guitar, it's been very solid. It's just the price tag that draws people to assumptions which draws them to criticisms. Yet I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find a more solid guitar for that price. Of course, there are slightly higher end Squiers, but don't get them.

Either get the cheap ones or save up. You won't regret it.
Deadly badgers made my weed
dirtyboots
UG Board King
279 IQ
Who the **** gives a ****?

A guitar is a guitar. Jesus christ, why don't you have positive discussions about gear, as opposed to this dumb arguments that go nowhere.

Quote by scotchtape
that is one of the funniest things ive read in a long time

It wasn't ****ing funny at all, so I don't know what the hell you've been reading...
redaxe
UG's Paul Gilbert
545 IQ
Quote by TheFluffy
Im playing my Squier right now, and i have a Gibson and a Jackson sitting 4 feet from me.

That probably cause' you don't want to scratch your precious Gibson and Jackson. Heck, I'd sit in front of my PC with my GRX40 all day...but if I had, say an RG1570 then I'd be careful not to scratch it.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
kelix
Im a girl not a gay guy
34 IQ
I play a Squire 51 but I'm only a n00b so what do I know

It sounds pretty good to me - when I hit the right strings that is and I think it looks pretty good too
Member of The Darkness fanclub
I was there for SD's cocksucking forum, August 15th, 2006.
The Cas Fast Foundation - pm draken to join and support cas on his 30 food free days.
leaping badger
UG Board King
504 IQ
I used to have a second hand squire, my first ever guitar, it sucked big hairy balls, but that was because someone had mistreated it mainly. However there were some things like the wiring that had gone a bit nasty due to poor quality, oh yeah and the pots and selector switch. I would personally stay away from them and go for something else.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Zen_Zepplin
Bann3d
124 IQ
Its spelt Squier.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
nachocheeez
so cheeezy...
128 IQ
Squiers aren't all bad. I know tons of people that bag them out when they haven't even tried them. I have a high end Epi and a few days ago I went out to try a Squier Tele. I'm getting that Squier in a few weeks and I would gladly trade my Epi for it. They are good guitars. I'm not saying Fender aren't better or that Squier haven't made some bad guitars but they aren't all bad.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
taper_fra_nord
Banned
290 IQ
Stop whining about the gibsons being overprices all of you who live in the USA. YOu get it so ****ing cheap its unbelievable. In my country, a standard costs 4,000 retail, but if you're lucky, you can get one for 3,100. So shut up about gibsons being overpriced!
ScreaminBlues25
471 IQ
My Squier Tele blows. It was a great starter guitar, but after a year or so ur gonna want to upgrade... Now I just use it to bang around and put stickers on and stuff
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
amazingdm
Banned
2,208 IQ
Quote by taper_fra_nord
Stop whining about the gibsons being overprices all of you who live in the USA. YOu get it so ****ing cheap its unbelievable. In my country, a standard costs 4,000 retail, but if you're lucky, you can get one for 3,100. So shut up about gibsons being overpriced!

quit whining
it doesn't matter how much more expensive they are in YOUR country, in our country they're still overpriced
Ippon
Amped
1,526 IQ
My MIJ Squier is easily my favorite Strat, resonant Alder, fast neck, awesome tone with the Lace PUs, etc. and it was made way before I and more than 50% of UGers were sperm ... I prefer it over 2 other MIJ Fender Strats, a MIM Fender Strat, and a MIJ Schecter S-ST (Strat copy). A decent tube amp will make most firewood-type guitars sound halway decent.
Cal UK
Viktor Vaughn
740 IQ
Quote by Armored Artist
The difference lies in quality of materials and craftsmanship.

Exactly have a beer.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
2,916 IQ
You are an idiot.

Squiers can be great first guitars. I bet 50% of people start with a Squier, so dont talk like everyone has tons of money to blow. What if they arnt sure they wanna play, and they spend 350 on a Fender and dont want to play anymore? Better to have spent less. I have a 20th Anniversary Strat and it plays like a dream. Thats right, i have a Squier that plays nice. I also have a Jackson RR3 and a Gibson SG Voodoo, so i know my guitars.

well maybe i should have stated it differently. like, squiers are very very low quality fenders and you could get a better quality guitar for around the same price. so in my opinion, you shouldnt buy a fender.

better?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣