hey guys,
i have a stagg les paul copy and i want to know if the action is fairly high on les pauls my E string on the 12th fret is about half a centermeter off the fret board. is this normal action?
Does it feel comfortable? That's all what matters. If it feels good to you, keep it. If it feels too high or too low, though, you could easily change it.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
You can set the action to however you want, it can be 2 inches off the fret board, or it can be 0.2mm away. It's all on how you want it. Just make sure there isn't too much buzz.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
yeh it doesnt really feel comptable but if i put it any lower it will buzz on the 1 string 16th fret
(i already get some buzz now)
It doesn't matter if you get some buzz, it's OK as long as it has a good amount of sustain and the buzz can't be heard through your amp.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
hmm yeh i geuss i just wanted really low action like a strat but i geuss u cant really with a les paul because the fret board is curved to match the body.

thanx for your help guys
nah you can get a super low action on les pauls thats what i've got on mine. But i havn't heard of Stagg before.

is Stagg an entry level brand
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
do u want to measure ur neck angle?

fret the Low E at the first fret. at the same time,
fret the Low E at the 17th fret, about where the neck meets the body.

look at the middle frets 7-8th.

if the string lays on the fretwire there, u dont have enough gap.
if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the credit card there, u have too much gap.

measure and repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
well actully if u check the 16th fret on high e string and the 7th on low e string because thats where the most buzz happens
ok if u want to measure ur neck angle than follow the directions above. if it needs an adjustment then that would hopefully fixe the problem, where ever the buzz is.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

u tell me. if u want help adjusting ur neck, u need to say something like...

"ok well, i followed ur instructions and i notice that the string is more than a credit cards thickness away from the fretwire, so what do u suggest i do now jenny?"

because post #10 isnt helping.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

ok if the neck angle looks ok (just misses, sounds fine) and ur action still needs to be higher than u prefer to clear the 16th fret, sounds like that fret is high.

a little more bend in the neck can help clear the fret.
my suggestion to u, is either look into have a guy tap in that fret.
or try a slightly thicker gauge string next time u swap them out. the heavier string might pull at the headstock just enough to bend the neck and give u more relief.

if u notice the buzz is gone, then u can lower the action a little more.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

well is it posible to actully get no buzz wat so ever apart for having the string half an inch of the fret board
ok well i have found a decent action on my guitar i get some buzz if u pluck it little harder than soft on the 16th fret e string and same thing on the low e string 8th fret
AH i dont no im just about ready to burn my guitar i have adjusted it so i get no fret buzz u would have to pluck it hard to get buzz but the low e string is half a centermeter off the fret board which is very high in my opinion. Any sujestions?
^i had two suggestions on post 17.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62