yeah im really considering buying an Epiphone Dot.

http://www.robwesley.com/guitars/listings/Epiphone%20Dot-335%20cherry%202000/

i have an Ibanez AS already so its not a huge change.

i play punk and hardcore.
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
Semi Hollow and hardcore, i dunno, it just dosin't seem to go togetehr if you ask me... I don;'t like the sound....

it wont be bad for punk rock... I dunno with all the other guitars that serve punk rock and hardocre, this is not the best choise if you ask me...
ESP Horizon FM Standard
Spider II line 6 30 watt
Uber Metal - line 6 effect
well, i personally think that its personal preference. if you think about it, whatever sounds best and feels best will be the best for whatever you play. most people wouldnt enter the Indy 500 registering a Pinto for the race, but if they allow it and you can win driving it then by all means, go for it. Just dont get hit from the back, unless you are cool because explosions are fun to watch.
It's not a guitar i would associate with those styles, but i guess it would give you an edge and a different sound to other acts of the genre.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
well tim armstrong from rancid plays semi hollows alot and it sounds pretty good
If you intresed in an epi semi check my sig
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
You should definately check out some other options. Try a Fender fat strat. That should give you enough articulation for both those genres. If not, try an Epi Les Paul. If you can stretch it, an Epi Les Paul custom would be perfect.
i own a dot, and play rancid and other punk stuff like that. It's the sex for that but if you try to put it under too much distortion for metal it gets feedback. So in my opinion it's great for punk but i guess it depends on how hardcore your hardcore is.

I'm done typing now.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Everything is alright now, because you get a muffin because your name is LeftyGomez.
Quote by LeftyGomez
i own a dot, and play rancid and other punk stuff like that. It's the sex for that but if you try to put it under too much distortion for metal it gets feedback. So in my opinion it's great for punk but i guess it depends on how hardcore your hardcore is.

I'm done typing now.

Then just stay away from the amp. I plug my acoustic guitar in and drive it hard all the time, you just gotta stay away from the amp.
Play it yourself, see if you like it.

Also, play some Epi Sheratons and Rivieras.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by god
commandment 11-thou shalt not use hollowbody guitars for distorted playing.

see, even god knows what he's doing.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!