I been lookin for a Tele for a while now, i definately dont want to run over 500 dollars. Bloc party has got me motivated to gettin me a tele. Dont think i have much much of a choice cough* fender standard telecaster", so since many people dont agree with the squire, should i get fender standard tele instead of a squire tele?
I got a Boss-Ds1
yeah
it's like here's a map of the quality

squier---------------------standard------American
Yeah, get the standard tele, just be sure not to overload to much distortion on it.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
i dont play many Teles, doesnt fit my kind of music but I think the standard would be good.
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
i actually think the quality of a standard tele is better than a standard strat

you could get somthing by G&L one of the lower end models
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
www.rondomusic.net

The Agile teles are nice and cheaper than Fender Standards. The higher end ones on the site are actually better in quality and parts than the Standards as well. Remember, the Agiles, not the SX brand.
blank
I've had a Fender standard tele for 3 years and it hasn't bummed out on me yet. I love it. And anyone who says you can't get decent metal tones out of a tele is stupid. Sure, they may not be as good as a les paul with EMGs, but you can still get a good metal tone out of them.
If you have the $500 to spend go for the Fender Std. If you want to save some money check out the Agiles at Rondo Music or the Fernandez Native X.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Agile TC730
Agile TC630
G&L Tribute ASAT Classic

The TC730 is a semi-hollow and sounds awesome.

The TC630 has a trem if you are into that.

The Tribute ASAT Classic is a GREAT guitar. Trumps the Fender Standard Tele in sound, feel, hardware, and build quality.

Buying the TC730 would allow you to spend the extra money on other gear if you need it, but I highly recommend the G&L .

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
There's a new Japanese Fender Tele with a Bigsby which is meant to be pretty nice. It looks good too - it's got binding around the body.
Fender Standard Tele very nice guitar about $400 dollars too.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I just got a Fender Standard tele this past weekend, and they are simply Amazing. One of THE best guitars for your money. They are also HIGHLY upgradeable. Just make sure you have a decent amp, or the guitar don't mean S___.
Proud Egnater Fanboy

Favorite Bands

Periphery / Between the Buried and Me /
Ten After Two / Circa Survive /
Upon a Burning Body / / Bury Tomorrow /
Animals As Leaders / God Is An Astronaut

Proud member of the Seven String Legion.
Dude, seriously, screw Agiles and all that crap. Get the Fender. And don't even consider getting a Squire. They suck.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
I agree 100% with imdwalrus. Those Agiles are of crappy quality. Atleast compared to Fender.
Proud Egnater Fanboy

Favorite Bands

Periphery / Between the Buried and Me /
Ten After Two / Circa Survive /
Upon a Burning Body / / Bury Tomorrow /
Animals As Leaders / God Is An Astronaut

Proud member of the Seven String Legion.