OKay i got arround 900 to buy a guitar....
I play stuff liek avenged sevenfold, and stuff...

The S1 sounds amazing aswell looks amazing but I heard the pickups worn out after a year and I dont want to spend another 300$ on pickups...
So my other alternative was ESP or LTD...

I love the EX shape of LTD the explorer style... it was awesome it has EMG which isn't bad... but just i can't seem to make my mind... the LTD has a huge body which i would rather the S1 sicne its samll and comfortabble for gigs...

is it true the pickups worn out after a year?

thx
ESP Horizon FM Standard
Spider II line 6 30 watt
Uber Metal - line 6 effect
they probably meant they just replaced them after a year, pickups should last many years, I've never heard of "any" pickup wearing out in a year, unless something was wrong to begin with.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
this is what it said
The only issue is the Duncan pickups. They go from amazing to horrbile in a year.
in the ultimate guitar S1 schecter review...

I was quite shocked to see that from a schecter or from seymour duncan alone...
ESP Horizon FM Standard
Spider II line 6 30 watt
it's probably because his ear got more picky for tone, I doubt anything suddenly happend to the pickups unless there was a manufacturing defect. I own the C-1 FR, and it came with Duncan Designed pups. They were fine for the 2 years they were in the guitar. I swapped them out for EMG pickups because I liked them better, not because anything went wrong with the stock ones. The Duncan Designed are decent pups, but aren't really considered to be great or anything. They are good for stock pickups IMO.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
ah cool thanks...
ESP Horizon FM Standard
Spider II line 6 30 watt
and where the hell do you need to spend 300 on pickups? i'd say 200 max depending on where you go, but i can get them from between 100 and 200. and no pickups dont where out in a year. especially duncans.
Go get your shovel.
The EX looks cool, but the problem (from what I've heard) with that is it is like an SG - the neck is heavy and it drops. Unless you want to hold onto the neck throughout an entire show to keep it from eating the floor, then go for it.

The S-1 is a decent guitar, and if you're into 'Sevenfold, then it's what Zacky plays. I'd put new pickups in it if you bought it. I suggest the JB/'59 combo.

All in all, it's your decision. Go play 'em both if you can.

EDIT: And like Pierce said, a Hellraiser might be what you're looking for. It's in your price range, and it's similar to what Gates plays. Plus it already has great pickups in it.
My Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Washburn X50PROFE
Crate FXT120
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Line 6 Gear Box (for recording)

My Music