I got most of the harmony solo in Gunshot down and most of the Like Light to Flies solo down somewhat well. Just playing however little of these solos makes me so giddy.

Quote by candysars
The best Pokemon is Metapod. Name him Wiener or P3n1s, and then use harden. LAWLZ everytime.

Schecter C-1 Elite EMG 81/85
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
thanks for sharing...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Well done have a ham sandwich

No one gives a fuck
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Don't listen to these guys, it's great that you got those solos nailed. Good on you!
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
ye com on guys be fair. thats sweet dude nice one.

i often think the people on this board disregard threads unless it will teach their immature minds about masturbation or sex, the later which they cannot have for another 4 years.

SO nice one and keep at it
ACOUSTIC
Martin 0001
Fender Stratacoustic

ELECTRIC
Gibson SG Special Faded (Mod)

AMP/FX
DOD ICE IT 60 Watt
ZOOM 606II Guitar
i will say...

just because you have them memorized, and can play them to speed, doesn't mean you really have them DOWN.

I would emplore you to REALLY record yourself, and be as big of a bitch to yourself as you can. Its really the ONLY way to get it perfect.

Frankly, A7X are very sloppy guitarists. i would suggest nailing it better than they can on a regular basis
Quote by KurrptSenate

Frankly, A7X are very sloppy guitarists. i would suggest nailing it better than they can on a regular basis

Well its a shame that the songs arent by a7x
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by KurrptSenate

He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Nice job on the solos, I've been working on the Suffocating Sight solo.
Quote by KurrptSenate
i will say...

just because you have them memorized, and can play them to speed, doesn't mean you really have them DOWN.

I would emplore you to REALLY record yourself, and be as big of a bitch to yourself as you can. Its really the ONLY way to get it perfect.

i will say...

Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Quote by KurrptSenate

you sir, are an idiot.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SynGates7X
you sir, are an idiot.

amen and thats so random lol
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Trivium, on the other hand, are freakin sweet.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Good job. I know how it feels to spend a lot of time on a song, it's so fufilling when you get it down.
i love those moments, feels like you can play forever and nail whatever ya try
i dont know.. i dont like their music that mucyh but their guitar parts are fun to play and are actually pretty good. Better then A7x and most other new bands out there.

EDIT: if you like trivium try the drowned and torn asunder solo. Its really easy but sounds really cool.
Last edited by TheDarkestNight at Jun 20, 2006,
Wow, LLTF is a tough solo, congrats. Which one do you mean, Heafys, or the one whos name I can't spell?
Dickless.
Quote by SynGates7X
you sir, are an idiot.

Quote by FenderJTx
He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Both of you are pretty ignorant, both of the A7X guitarists are sloppy. There is video evidence of 'Synyster' playing an 'awesome' solo very badly while he has a wrist band as a string dampener. I mean for God's sake at least play it cleanly, even if you do it slower.
you are talking about the tapping part. yes, there are a few bits of his tapping part in the solo where he screws it up a bit. but other than that in all of the parts that he picks everything it's fine. he can't be great at everything. also, he could've had an off night, show me another video where he's sloppy.
Go get your shovel.
Last edited by SynGates7X at Jun 20, 2006,
Quote by EmoKiller
Wheres the video of him? I'm interested.

it's here
http://youtube.com/watch?v=e1KeUCpII5o
so he's no Eddie Van Halen or Randy Rhoads when it comes to tapping, those are two hard acts to live up to. his strengths are more geared towards those of John Petruccis where he can dance up and down the fret board and he is extremely fast.
Go get your shovel.
Last edited by SynGates7X at Jun 20, 2006,
last night i spent hours on paganinis 24th caprice, and after i had played it for a few hours, i was hooked, and it was cool
Quote by SynGates7X
it's here
http://youtube.com/watch?v=e1KeUCpII5o
so he's no Eddie Van Halen or Randy Rhoads when it comes to tapping, those are two hard acts to live up to. his strengths are more geared towards those of John Petruccis where he can dance up and down the fret board and he is extremely fast.

thank you for knowing a7x is not the fastest, nor most technical band on earth by a long shot. i like em, saw em live, and his solo sucked badly, but his in song solos are great. some people just need backup when they solo, as it was just bad when he played alone.
hes also not extremely fast, just fast. note im not doubting the quality of their songs though