would two overdrives simply push an amp even more yielding greater crunch/distortion. or would it just muddy everything up. like say a ibanez tube screamer + maxon or something like that
I'm thinking it'll get really muddy. And it might break your tubes (if you use a tube amp). But thats IMO
Actually I don't think it will break the tubes unless you overdrive it SO much, or you have like 13 OD pedals at once.
wouldnt make a very loud sqweel ?
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
it would sound VERY muddy with both on at once. you could use 2 for different tones however.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
It'll make it go mad but in a wrong way, you won't be able to hear what your playing with both tubes and solid state. there has been a thread about this before
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
I've actually used two overdrive/distortions with a tube amp.

My tubes are fine, but I won't ever use it again, the sound gets REALLY muddy, it's hard to hear what you're actually playing.
R_C_H_P uses two overdrives with his Blues Junior and he loves his sound. (He's always talking about it )

However he uses a Boss OD-3 and a Blues Driver - not sure if the BD is classed as an OD Or not.

I guess if you keep the gain right down it shouldn't be too muddy.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Sigh, theres nothing wrong with using two OD pedals. You could use the first one as a clean boost into the second. SRV used 2 tubescreamers...
Quote by SamDking
R_C_H_P uses two overdrives with his Blues Junior and he loves his sound. (He's always talking about it )

However he uses a Boss OD-3 and a Blues Driver - not sure if the BD is classed as an OD Or not.

Yea, I use 2, one as a clean boost, and one with more gain (classic rock type gain), I use the OD3(clean boost) to overdrive the Blues Driver, sounds a lot tighter and has a really nice sound, they work well together.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I don't have a decent mic sorry! My crappy computer mic only records clean sounds ok-ish.... distorted sounds sound terrible when recorded on it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30