how the hell do you get new springs on?? i cant seem to stretch it and fit it onto the claw or into the damn slot on the trem block and its really pissing me off.
yeah there a bitch i usually just hook one end then take a small screw driver er somthing to streach the **** out of um also unscrew the screws that atach the mounting hardware for the springs to loop over a bit to loosen um up.... i gave up and just put a block of wood behind the floating bridge so its basicly just string through now i hate tremelo n e ways
Yes, they are a bitch.

Have you tried moving the claw bit closer?
And use a screwdriver or something like he (^) said.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
put the spring part that fits into the trem block in and then take a screwdriver and hook the loop onto it, then get someone(or yourself) to put you finger on the trem block to keep it in. now stretch the spring till the screwdriver is behind the claw and slide the spring onto the claw slowly.

in the thread on how to make a girl uncomfortable:

Quote by Angels Fighter
i saw this in another thread but it would work

Blow your load in your hand and slap the girl in the face while yelling "spiderman"

^
Replacing or Adding More Springs
1) Stuff something on the right (left are springs) so that your strings wont pull the bridge too far. I recommend using normal eraser, probably 2 should be enough. Reason is that erasers wont hurt the wood much, its still ok to use wooden block but normally its no where to be found.

2) Loosen the claw, not to the point until it will come out or until its at the end of the thread.
3) Place the hook on the bridge's hole and using your thumb, pointing, and your middle finger, pull it gently with an instantaneous force then place the round part on the claw.
4) After finish adding or removing springs, tighten the claw back until the eraser(s) eventually become(s) loose, or come out by itself if your guitar angle is slanted.
5) Readjust the claw so that the spring tension vs. string tension is proper.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jun 20, 2006,
Yep, just ignore the bar that's screwed down to the bridge.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
It's better to just use a screwdriver, because you won't wear out the threads for the claw screws as fast.
ill go with the unscrewing. since its just a strat copy and the screws can be replaced pretty easy i think. keep on seeing those screws lying around in my school workshop
Just another advice, if you're using screwdrivers to pull the springs, I dont recommend that coz you're risking damaging your guitar, i.e scratches and whatnot. IF you insist on using one, make sure its a short and tough one, bcoz if its the long, your hand will be shaky (really shaky) when the spring is half way to the claw, and then the screwdriver will bend like hell, making it more dangerous (you can hurt yourself). The safest and best way is to get one of those spring claw special inserter, but it'll cause you cash.

Tremolo Spring Inserter

So just use your fingers.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jun 20, 2006,
Quote by suckasucks
ill go with the unscrewing. since its just a strat copy and the screws can be replaced pretty easy i think. keep on seeing those screws lying around in my school workshop

It's the wood that the screw goes into that can get fucked up.
Although that can be sorted, it's a lot of hassle.

Just don't move the claw more than you have to.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...