I have a OFR on my guitar right now and its really anoying the hell out of me. I say this because I dont use it enough to want to go through all the fun floyd rose stuff when it comes to changing tunings and all of that crap. My question is could I change the bridge to a Fixed Floyd rose without a crap load of modding to my guitar?
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
i think u can block the floyd rose in the back cavity by shoving a ****load of springs in there and adding a block or whatever so the trem doesnt go diving into the body with all the spring force. This eliminates the possibility of it moving up or down, therefore fixed. I'm sure theres a tutorial on the net just google your enquiry. Hope this helps
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
blocking it easier but tremol-no is a far better idea as you can change it do dive only and what not
thanks for all the help guys. I was also looking at the hipshot tremsetter. anyone know anything about these?
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
The Tremsetter is ideally aimed at vntage style Strat trems and such, and it basically sets the trem back to a specified "zero" setting. Since the trem goes back to the same place everytime, it'll stay in tune (I might get one for my double neck). I don't think it'll affect your FR though, since they hardly ever go out of tune anyway.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by Calum_Barrow
The Tremsetter is ideally aimed at vntage style Strat trems and such, and it basically sets the trem back to a specified "zero" setting. Since the trem goes back to the same place everytime, it'll stay in tune (I might get one for my double neck). I don't think it'll affect your FR though, since they hardly ever go out of tune anyway.

yep ofr's are great just the some lfr's arent