Alright I'm sorry if there is like already a million threads on this but yeh...

Anyways, alright me and my friends decided to start a band. The problem is that the rhythm guitarist only just started and the drummer only just started. What are some good lessons/things they need to know to get on the right track?
Quote by ownedmatt
Alright I'm sorry if there is like already a million threads on this but yeh...

Anyways, alright me and my friends decided to start a band. The problem is that the rhythm guitarist only just started and the drummer only just started. What are some good lessons/things they need to know to get on the right track?

Drums- learn how to play 4/4 and maybe 2/4. and trow in the crash at right spots.
Rythm-STRICKT RYTHM!!!
rythm is overrated for a drummer, dimebag darrell once said that and u got to play your heart out, the drummer doesnt need to be in rythm all the time.....theres songs out there that will change tempo like 4, 5 times in one song!
My Gear:
Washburn Lyon Tele Copy
ESP LTD MH250NT
Samick D7-CE :
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Peavy Renown Solo Series Amp
Have the drummer learn a simple 4/4 rhythm, as stated above. Crash cymbals at relevant places, such as before a solo, before a chorus/bridge/verse, at the end of a song. Some simple fills to keep it interesting. Rudiments.

Make sure your rhythm guitarist learns as many chords in as many different voicings as possible and maybe a few note run-downs between chords to keep it more interesting.

Thread like this would also probably be better suited to the Bandleading Forum.
Quote by mitch155
rythm is overrated for a drummer, dimebag darrell once said that and u got to play your heart out, the drummer doesnt need to be in rythm all the time.....theres songs out there that will change tempo like 4, 5 times in one song!

ur joking right?
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
find good examples for them as to what good drummers/rhythm guitarists. its hard to learn something when youve never heard/seen it before.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Also because you have two guitarists, look into harmonies and harmonising chords and scales etc, it'll help your theory alot as well as giving you kickass ideas for harmonised bits.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.