Oh hi again.
Got a lil question again...
Alright this one is easy ( though i cant figure it out )
Anyways i play the minor pentatonic scale but how exacly should the boxes be divided.
From 1st fret to 4th?
Or how?
Thanks in advance!
don't fully understand what your getting at, but here's the pentatonic scale in F minor:

(1) = root note

e]-----(1)------4-------6-------8-------11------(13)-]
b]------1-------4------(6)------9-------11-------13--]
g]------1-------3-------5-------8------(10)------13--]
d]------1------(3)------6-------8-------10-------13--]
a]------1-------3-------6------(8)------11-------13--]
e]-----(1)------4-------6-------8-------11------(13)-]

The boxes consist of the first column and the one immediately after it. Then it starts again from the column it finished on. Hence there are 5 (pentatonic)....
hope that helps and i hope i didn't stuff up.
scales are a series of notes based on a set of intervals.
It just so happens they are aligned into "boxes"
Been away, am back
4 string: not sure I understand, can you expand a little? Are you asking what the box patterns are for the pentas?
-Red 1990 Fender Strat with maple neck
-Cream colored Strat. GFS Premium II pickups.
-Line6 spider 210 and Fender Pinceton Chorus amps
-Zoom G2
Quote by recklessftw
4 string: not sure I understand, can you expand a little? Are you asking what the box patterns are for the pentas?

Yes thats it.
Ill expand a little more.

Ok i got the pentatonic scale.
Now ill play it in boxes.
Too play in boxes i need to cut the frets in some parts right.
So yes it is the patterns but i dont know how to make the patterns.
Lets say when i play a pettern should i play it from the first fret to fourth then later fifth to the eight fret.
I hope you get what im saying
K, I think I understand you.

I saw this the other day and as a reference it's great. It shows you the MAJOR pentatonic scales in the box and then when they are connected all the way up the neck. The minor pentatonic shapes are exactly the same but in a different order.

Using that page I just linked as an example I'll call the first box 1 and the last box 5, on the page;

For the MINOR scales the order goes like this:

So you just start at the 2nd MAJOR position for the MINOR sound and keep going from there. The root notes also change mind you so you'll want to either figure that out (depending on your theory knowledge) or search on UG or Goolge for the roots. The first note of the 2nd MAJOR position is the ROOT of the MINOR penta scale, that should give you a starting point.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that looks right.

You connect then the same way all up the neck.

Hope that helps my friend!
-Zoom G2
Quote by recklessftw
K, I think I understand you.

I saw this the other day and as a reference it's great. It shows you the MAJOR pentatonic scales in the box and then when they are connected all the way up the neck. The minor pentatonic shapes are exactly the same but in a different order.

Using that page I just linked as an example I'll call the first box 1 and the last box 5, on the page;

For the MINOR scales the order goes like this:

So you just start at the 2nd MAJOR position for the MINOR sound and keep going from there. The root notes also change mind you so you'll want to either figure that out (depending on your theory knowledge) or search on UG or Goolge for the roots. The first note of the 2nd MAJOR position is the ROOT of the MINOR penta scale, that should give you a starting point.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that looks right.

You connect then the same way all up the neck.

Hope that helps my friend!

Yeah thats it, thanks!

cheers!
Glad I could help. You'll have fun with those once you get them down man, it opens up a whole new world of playing and stuff might even start to make sence! :0
-Zoom G2