could you guys tell me about the guitar, im thinking of buying one as sort of a second guitar, i just want to know if its decent, i know its not top of the line schecter, please be specific about the pickups etc.
schecters are good guitars other than the pickups and trem, should be a good guitar.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
so if i dont use the trem much should i get the damien 6 that doesnt have the trem and avoid the trouble and what pickups should i get for it instead of the ones it has
Quote by ias05
so if i dont use the trem much should i get the damien 6 that doesnt have the trem and avoid the trouble and what pickups should i get for it instead of the ones it has

definatly get the hard tail model. You could upgrade the hz's to real emgs but i have heard that emgs arent the best in basswood for some reason. I'd probably look at the dimarzio range for that guitar because they are usually designed for ibanez which are usually made of basswood...
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
THe LFR isn't the best, but you could probably swap that out, and of course the pickups and the basswood body aren't the greatest but the basswood is all personal preference. If you're looking to get a kickass axe, the Hellraiser FR is basically a total upgrade from the Damien FR, real EMG's, OFR, and mahogany body. But I'm not sure if it's in your price range- runs at about 800 USD.
Quote by pierce34celtic
THe LFR isn't the best, but you could probably swap that out, and of course the pickups and the basswood body aren't the greatest but the basswood is all personal preference. If you're looking to get a kickass axe, the Hellraiser FR is basically a total upgrade from the Damien FR, real EMG's, OFR, and mahogany body. But I'm not sure if it's in your price range- runs at about 800 USD.

im not too sure if its going to be a direct swap out as well Floyd Rose hold the patents for the design and other companies ask to use the patents so they have to change the shape or else they will be breaching some copyright act
i've never found a difference between a liscensed(idk if i spelled that right) floyd rose and an original one. I mean, the originals of course they bought from the floyd rose company, but the liscensed(again, idk) ones are made exactly the same, just by schecter. while hellraisers do kick ass, the damiens are good as well.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by hardrock1315
I would say save the $50 and get an Omen 6.
i really wouldn't. my brother had an omen an recently upgraded to the damien, and its much better. If you don't want to spend too much on the guitar, but want EMG's, buy the damien 6 and swap the passives for actives.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by pierce34celtic
^ Licensed tend to be made out of softer metal and although you may not notice it right away, down the road a few months they tend to wear out and go out of tune, while the OFR are made from much sturdier materials.

It's just that you know what you are getting with an OFR, because they are all the same.

LFR stands for any double locking FR-like trem that any other company has created.

Most companies use completely different LFRs than another company. That's where the problems come in because there are LFRs that are better than OFRs, and then there are LFRs that are complete crap and made out of really soft metal.

I've never had any extensive time playing on a Schecter LFR, so I don't know where they end up on the scale of goodness.

I would imagine (based on Schecter's build quality) that they'd be pretty decent though.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The extra $50 the Damien costs gets you about $150 in upgrades. But, if you might put in EMG actives later, might just as well get the hellraiser. This is just what I did recently