Do you improve faster while standing up practising? I've been playing for a year, figured it was time to start standing if I want to keep going with it.
not if your hang your guitar down where your knees are. also its alot different from playing sitting down
Quote by azn_guitarist25
not if your hang your guitar down where your knees are. also its alot different from playing sitting down

Well actually I do, I don't really feel like starting high and slowly lowering the strap, I just want to get used to it low
No you don't but all media recommend that you do practice standing up purely because when you come to a performance your stance won't seem foreign to you. Practice in whatever way you are comfortable.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
well trying playing around the 21-24 fret on the high e strings. i find it with the guys a year below play their guitars way to low that the body is hanging around their knees and the headstock is really high up
try sitting in the classical possition, its exactly like standing, and yeah i seem to bring my
headstock up high whilts playing high notes (20-24)
Quote by paul filth
try sitting in the classical possition, its exactly like standing, and yeah i seem to bring my
headstock up high whilts playing high notes (20-24)

up to your shoulders, i hope not
when i first started playing i practiced sitting down, but when i started standing up i started screwing things up that i wouldn't normally do. now that i practice standing up all the time, everythings fine again. idk if this is something that happens to alot of people, or just me.
Go get your shovel.
I think it happens to alot of people not used to standing up while playing. Its a whole nother stance than sitting down so it definatly takes used to. Frustrating at first since you will probly miss notes or hit wrong ones. But it takes some time to get used to it, but I would have to say it happens to everyone at one point or another. Just practise doing it alot, and sooner than later your body responds to the new form and you will start playing as clean as you do sitting down.
Exactly it takes time to get used to it. Its also happened to me.
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
just do whatever feels best...i sit when doing stuff like music theory and method books, but when i unlease my inner-rocker, i stand to play (i feel it allows me to express myslef better, not only with music, but with movements as well.)
I pretty much always play standing up, unless I'm on the PC. It is a bit different from sitting down, but once you get the "hang" of it you are good to go...
like said, u start with it higher then over time lower it to ur waist.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I probably do everything on guitar better while i'm standing. When i'm sitting (especially on my bed) I get lazy and slouch, making fret access hard, or I get tired and lie down.

Standing>Sitting! Especially if you've got a Rhoads.
if i am doing true practicing (like techniques and what not), i sit if i am working on picking speed or getting a new rhythm down, and stand if i am working on chord changes and fast solo-like fingering. no idea why, that is how i ended up doing things and it became my thing i guess. standing is a good thing to do, but it is not hard to get used to, a week tops.
I don't keep my guitar that low but i keep it so that it is hanging a little passed my stomach. That is how i started out to play. Not too high not too low, just right. I still have to get used to it because i have a hard time playing standing up.
©Fleabass5

FreakyStyley
i used to not be able to play standing up..but after i improved playing sitting down i tried it again and i was a lot better, so..