Page 1 of 2
The new Underoath album was released today....has anyone heard the whole thing yet? Is is better than the older albums? worth the money? etc...
Tell me about Define the Great Line.
i actually downloaded it a few days ago...

i doubted it was actually them at first....because it was actually....pretty good.

vox are totally different, everything is a bit heavier. check it out!
Quote by jazzmetalguitar
my friend tells me the full version has been on limewire for a few weeks...

lol always blame 'the friend'
anyway, is the quality good?
btw.....your know those files on LW that are huge and are the whole album, how do you get the songs, or is it treated like a regular disc?
when i said full, i meant all the songs individually
excellent sound quality
and as for the friend thing....i just downloaded it last nite....and i was telling me friend and she goes "you're lame...i've had it for two weeks"

as fore huge album files.....are they .iso files? for .iso files just right-click on them within their folder and press Send to...>(insert your CD burner here)....easy
yeah use isobuster or alcohol 120%...and it's not like i'm going to rat you out to the anti-LW police....so now i go to download it (although i'll probably buy it this summer, as well as like twenty other CDs now that i'm getting a job
out of anything underoath has put out, define the great line has to be my favourite, they've really stepped it up.
yes m'am
Quote by jazzmetalguitar
i actually downloaded it a few days ago...

Downloading kills the industry.

Downloading prevents great bands to promote to even greater levels...

At least buy the thing after hearing samplers on websites.
it just came in the mail, i've listened to about half of it, and its flawless so far.
i would rather staple my own hands to a train, than pray on knees that judge and blame.
i think that i am going to download it with LimeWire...only temporarily....and then buy it the moment i can...................................................................please help me......need underoath
bs......this is their WORST album....metal growls=yuck for UnderOath.
Proud Egnater Fanboy

Favorite Bands

Periphery / Between the Buried and Me /
Ten After Two / Circa Survive /
Upon a Burning Body / / Bury Tomorrow /
Animals As Leaders / God Is An Astronaut

Proud member of the Seven String Legion.
on my way out to buy it right now and im pumped out of my mind.

btw: Craigo, you are one of the everyday heroes of anti-downloading and i totally agree with you, brother.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
I just bought it, it rocks. the one that has been on limewire for a long time was a leaked copy, its not as good as the actual cd.
to all the real underoath fans that have been since their act of depression/cries of the past days, we all got a little pissed off when there only chasing saftey came out.

i still liked there only chasing saftey, but it felt like underoath was starting 2 sell out. but, ever since i heard define the great line i havent been able to put it down.

not a doubt in my mind, hands down, best album that ive heard in the past 3 years.

in my opinion, this album is completely mind blowing, i havent been listening 2 anything else besides it honestly. i can play it from begginging to end without even having any desire to change the song, this album is amazing.

i dont care what other people have to say about underoath, and i know their music isnt the same since the act of depression days, but its not completely the same band eaither. underoath really made this album work out good.

im in love with it basically
Dillion Les Paul Goldtop Copy (seymore duncan soapbars)
Toneworks AX3000G guitar processor
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Half Stack
Squier Stratocaster (backup)
Peavey StudioPro 50
Fender Frontman 15
CarloRobelli Acoustic
Early 70's Carlos acoustic
hmm guess ill check it out tonight then too =]
And i hate underoaths Chasing safety. Rarely have i ever deleted music from my itunes.
that was the first.
hopefully this will be good because their older stuff was interesting , maybe theyve awoken and matured? =P
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Medium head

Ibanez RG1570 Black with Green Dimarzios (For Sale)
Schecter C1 Classic (SD JB/59)
Schecter C1 Hellraiser (EMG 81/85)

Ibanez Tube Screamer
Metal Muff
DOD Death metal
Cry baby Wah
I haven't bought the album yet, I'm addicted to the three tracks on purevolume. They are absolutely fantastic. In Regards To Myself is one of the best songs I've heard in a long time. I'm stoked to get the album. TOCS was by no means great, but DTGL seems like it will be.
my favorite cd from them as a whole. and in my opinion, it's the best musicianship they've put into a record as well.

basically...
buy it, do yourself a favor by getting it and them a favor by spending 10 bucks.
So much more energy in this album than TOCS. But in terms of songs that just make me stop what i'm doing and go "holy ****," the Changing of Times still takes the cake.
I bought it, but I don't like it much so far. I wish there was more singing
ne pvgnemvs
holy christ this album is good. They're still fully hardcore/emocore, but they put in hints of their old stuff here and there. I'd say it's more of a mix of old and new material, but it's still entirely original.

Awesome album.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by KingsOfRonin
bs......this is their WORST album....metal growls=yuck for UnderOath.

I think the album is damn good, but I do agree, the "lower voiced" or whatever kind of scream you want to call it, does get a little old after a few listens.
^
yeah like above it's great how it isn't just the chasing saftey annoying scream, he "throats" (that's what i call it) alot more and it's great to mix that in. definatly the NEW underoath's best cd, not as good as Act of Depression tho..but that doesn't even seem like the same band
^^ Because technically, it isn't. I think there's only 3 original members left now.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Ace88
^^ Because technically, it isn't. I think there's only 3 original members left now.

1 actually. Aaron, the drummer/vocalist is the only original member.

And as for the CD, I was pretty much in a state of perma-orgasm throughout the whole thing. I love how Spencer's reverted back to his original screaming style (like in This Runs Through).

Much deeper and just better.

Amazing album, cool DVD too.

Quote by Zamboni
1 actually. Aaron, the drummer/vocalist is the only original member.

And as for the CD, I was pretty much in a state of perma-orgasm throughout the whole thing. I love how Spencer's reverted back to his original screaming style (like in This Runs Through).

Much deeper and just better.

Amazing album, cool DVD too.

haha the DVD is great. The part where Adam D. calls his **** a "stab wound". I was cracking up!
has anyone else found the easter egg on the dvd? It's ****ed up.
i would rather staple my own hands to a train, than pray on knees that judge and blame.
Define The Great Line makes They're Only Chasing Safety look like butterflys and rainbows.

This album is amazing. I love it. In Regards To Myself is one of my favorite songs off it. Def Def buy it. it's awesome. and What dvd? I didn't see any dvd with it. But then again I did borrow it from a friend and rip it to my pc.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

the limewire version is different than the actual cd

i never really liked underoath that much but i heard writing on the walls and picked up the cd and its now one of my favorites.
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Quote by zeldar
has anyone else found the easter egg on the dvd? It's ****ed up.

yeah i did...wtf it's some old guy ranting about conspiracies, oh and freaking love this album, i thought TOCS wasn't bad but this definitely beats it. and face it people, they'll probably never go back to being like In Act Of Depression. they do only have one original member after all, and even if they didn't a band evolves so it probably wouldn't be the same anyways...
The CD is pretty good. Writing On The Walls is an excellent song if you ask me. I do think there is too much screaming and not enough singing, though, but I can understand Spencer's screaming more than I could on the last Underoath CD (Understanding the lyrics that is). Spencer's screaming on Define The Great Line is more Heavy Metal than anything else and I like that better.
When I heard underoath was coming out with a new album, i expected the guitar work to sound kinda of like "I've got 10 friends and a crowbar...". Spencer uses some of the deeper vocals too like he does towards the end of that song. But some of the songs are heavier than that like "Everyone looks so good from here"

I really love how this album flows. One track moves right into the next very smoothly. If i was watching the media player, i couldnt tell that they had transitioned to the next song. But in a way thats a bad thing because that means the tracks are similar and I kinda wish there were more standout songs on this album, but i still think this is a big step up from TOCS. This cd was formatted like TOCS though: 10 tracks, 4 songs then an interlude for track 5, another 4 songs and then a song which starts out slow and has a big finish. Overall this cd was pretty good and it'll be interesting to see what direction these guys will take in the future.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
The CD is pretty good. Writing On The Walls is an excellent song if you ask me. I do think there is too much screaming and not enough singing, though, but I can understand Spencer's screaming more than I could on the last Underoath CD (Understanding the lyrics that is). Spencer's screaming on Define The Great Line is more Heavy Metal than anything else and I like that better.

No its not, metal doesn't have screaming. It has clean singing or shouthing, death grunts or high raspy screetches.
Quote by StuartR
No its not, metal doesn't have screaming. It has clean singing or shouthing, death grunts or high raspy screetches.

Hate to tell you, but there is not much a difference. It all originated from Heavy Metal, but I understand what you're saying. It doesn't sound like Metallica or Megadeth or anything like that, but it is a spin off from Heavy Metal.
Page 1 of 2