I played a Gibson Les Paul Studio the other day, and I was shocked by the immense crappyness of the nut. It looked like this:

(That is not the actual guitar, I just found a very similar picture).

I haven't even seen nuts that horrible on 100? Squier's. I did however not notice anything else on the guitar that was bad, expect for a sharp fret-end.

Gibson needs a kick in the ass. We can't let them get away with making guitars like this.
You've got to be kidding...for $1200+ for a Studio it better have a nut that actually holds the strings on.

I'm so sick of hearing about Gibson's bad quality lately. It's not just this-there are TONS of issues like this that get mentioned all the time.

It's gotten to the point that you just can't order Gibson's online anymore. You don't know what you'll get. I don't know how many times I've seen people say "Look at a Gibson, but be sure to try it first and check it over for quality." For $1200+ that guitar should have absolutely NOTHING wrong with it.

You don't get these problems with other brands. I've never heard of poor quality control with companies like Fender, Washburn, or even Epiphone. Epi's one problem was the pickup switch shorting out. They fixed that, so now they don't have any QC issues.

And what about Gibson tuners? They use those cheap "vintage" tuners for looks, but they're garbage. Even $250 Epi's come with Grovers. Same goes for Washburns.

Ah...sorry for the rant...I just think a $1200+ guitar should beat the piss out of a $250 guitar in every way.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^The gibson which i bought for a while before returning it had better quality tuners than my epi grovers, FYI. It held tune really well IMO.
Quote by taper_fra_nord
^The gibson which i bought for a while before returning it had better quality tuners than my epi grovers, FYI. It held tune really well IMO.

Why did you return it?
^The sound wasn't good enough compared to my epiphone to justify spending more than 2,500 dollars on it. That being said, my epiphone has excellent sound, and my guitar teacher (Who has an epiphone of the same quality soundwise), got an offer for his epiphone for 1,500 dollars from soundclips

Then again, they cost us both a 1,000 dollars since its an expensive country we live in, but the offer came from an american dude.
For most Gibson tuners that isn't the case. I've heard at least 10 accounts of the tuners breaking and even more of them just not holding the guitar in tune very long.

One person was even bragging about how his Gibson SG standard stays in tune for three days.

My $150 Washburn WI14 easily stays in tune for a week-and it just has no name tuners. That shouldn't happen. A $150 guitar should NEVER surpass a $1200+ guitar in ANY aspect.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Don't even get me started on gibson. Every one of their guitars that i've had the misfortune to play was just awful. So many problems, and absolutely no consistency. I played one that approached the "decent" mark, then I played another that felt worse than a first act. They need a swift kick in the nuts!
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo