Yes, I am getting an Ibanez RG321 MH next month, and of course I am also buying a new amp. There's special prizes on the mentioned two amps, I've heard good stuff about both of them... but which one to take?

I like to play classic rock/hardrock with hints of metal, and I want an amp that handles that well but also is capable of handling other styles.

Also, is 30W enough for a live performance? If I turn it up to the max, will it be loud enough? Or can I just mic it?

Thanks alot for your time.

-DW
Also, if the VOX is a better choice, I have the option of getting an AD50 VT for not that much extra cash. Better choice or is the difference not that noticable?

Happy holidays-
Last edited by Demon Wolf at Jun 20, 2006,
The Vox AD50VT would be a good choice. It has a Celestion speaker in it which is a lot better than the speaker in the AD30VT.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I can get the Cube 60 for about the same price as the VOX AD50 VT for the record... Damn it's hard to decide :_D
the cube will do the metal/hard rock stuff better. the vox will do the classic rock stuff better. really, if i was you, i'd go with the 60 watt vox one. it's high gain models are why better than the 15,30,50, and 100. the 60 is the same as the 120.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Im gonna tell u to go with the AD50 Vox
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Quote by gpderek09
the cube will do the metal/hard rock stuff better. the vox will do the classic rock stuff better. really, if i was you, i'd go with the 60 watt vox one. it's high gain models are why better than the 15,30,50, and 100. the 60 is the same as the 120.
The 60 is a lot more expensive than the 50, he'd have to increase his budget by quite a lot considering he was originally looking at the 30-watter.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
samDking:yeah, i know. but, imo, the 60 is WAY better for higher gain stuff if you wanted to do that as well.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

I'm afraid I can't afford the 60, since the guitar needs to be paid as well. For my budget, the options are:

Vox AD30 VT/Vox AD50 VT
Roland Cube 60
well, i guess it comes down to weather you play more hardrock and metal or more classic rock.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Well, if I have to choose it's classic rock all the way... So for that the VOX seems like the better choice... But is the VOX also the most versatile of the two? I'd like the amp to have a wide array of styles it can handle well.

Thanks alot for all your help.
I have a Vox AD60, really recommend it.

But failing that, get the Vox AD50, since it has the upgraded speaker, and it can do mid-gain tones much bettter than the Cube. It can do metal, just not stunningly well.
The VOX AD50 VT it is. Any particular things I need to think of while using this amp? (considering I'm quite a newbie when it comes to handling amps more sophisticated than my Behringer one with an on/off-switch?)
well this amp is pretty ticky. make sure to read the manuals and such.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

it's not that difficult to understand once you get the hang of it. the only tricky part is customizing the effects parameters. and that's not that hard. It's basically: "Plug amp in. Turn amp on. Plug in guitar. Find sound for style. Rock on with awesome tones."
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Hehe, alright. I can't wait til I actually get it in...less than a month. Thanks a whole lot for everyones help, from next month forward I will rock a little bit more

Having played for about a year, my guitar skills are only decent, but at least it will all sound better now... Cause it really can't sound crappier than with a Behringer Strat Copy and the amp that came along with it... I hope.

Happy summer!

-DW
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"