Ok my band has its first gig in a few weeks, i don't no a whole lot about PA systems, is it vital for us to have one or could we do without one?
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Ok, So im going against every rule ever made but.. No.. Not for your first gig but after that if u dont wanna sound like **** then i would really thihnk bout getting one...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Grimes - Everyones Favourite Northerner!
Where are you playing? A club? A school? Well, just be sure and ask them if they have that. Usually a venue tells you when they book you, "Look, uh, we don't have a p.a." If they don't have one, ask another band that is playing (if there is one) and ask to borrow their P.A. since they will be using it and it will be already set up.
The venue does'nt have a PA system, its a fairly small venue, i can get a PA system off my friend for the gig but i dont no how to set up or use it
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
as long as ur gigging with other bands shld be fine- when i did my frist few gigs with friends' bands they had P.A. systems and the best one was set up for all of us to use.

otherwise i agree with FaultySanity- feedback would be massive without one
The first gig seems like it would be one of the best. I mean you will always remeber the first...
find somebody who knows how to work a PA system...

some one who is inexperienced can very easily fuck it up and blow the speakers...

and yes you do need one
think bout this: your very lucky to have a gig lol!
i auditioned for a battle of the bands, sadly was very very disapointed and didnt get thru...its been ages since. ok cya
if you want vocals and probably bass to be heard, than yeah, you need a P.A. It'd be retarted to not have one, unless you're all instrumental.