I was advised to check them out.

I'm pretty sure I'll get The Mountain Announces album this week but I wasn't sure about Tapes 'n Tapes .

The Mountain Announces sounds really diverse and fresh, so it seems decent.
The album is called-Scatter.

The Tapes'n'Tapes album is called-The Loon .

If you know much about the sound or albums, leave me something.

And if you know a site to get The Loon within a week ish [ bare in mind i'm from the uk], please tell me it.
Last edited by thepickups at Jun 20, 2006,
Tapes n tapes are pretty crap if you ask me. I'm sure if you just search for an mp3 blog in yahoo there'll be something about them on at least one. They've all seemed obsessed over the past six months or so. Your best bet of getting ahold of a copy within a week is probably somewhere like Rough Trade, they usually manage to get stuff out quickly and special delivery (you know, the signing thing).
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Rough Trade

my favourite record shop by a mile, i can spend weeks in there.

fopp is cool too, price wise.

Andrew, do you have msn, I really like your taste and I have some questions?

add me if you could-

thepickups@hotmail.co.uk
I think Fopp is my favourite, but there's a street of great shops in central London (that I always forget the name of) that someone on here recommended to me years back (think it was RobbieMac) and that's got some amazing shops on it. Don't think I've ever managed to get to a Rough Trade shop, but their online stuff is great, even if its slightly over-priced.

Don't have msn or AIM, but any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll try and help. Good to know there's another Londoner in here (at least you give that impression).
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Don't think I've ever managed to get to a Rough Trade shop

:0 < that face is supposed to look surprised btw.

Really?!

Get going! It's by far the best.

You walk in and down the steps past the skating shop and then down below you find this cramped little dungeon of a record shop. People squeezing past you with all the cds lined up in hardly any order.

There's one thing about it though which new people hate but regulars learn to love [and so they should]. When you go in looking for something, you will never find it! There's too much and it's in a crazy order. Saying that, you probably will find it, but it might take a long time. But that's why it's great, you go in looking for nothing and you come out with loads of stuff you've never heard of, and usually is great.

Plus the staff there now their stuff and there's gigs every weekend nearly.
Last edited by thepickups at Jun 21, 2006,