Hey everyone...I'm planning on getting a new guitar, I wanted to know which of these two guitars are the better choice, the reason I'm asking about these fairly lower end guitars is because i need another amp too, so i decided to split the cash for both, and i wanted to know if i could, assuming i got the ibanez, put a seymour duncan invader pick-up in the bridge to make it better?

thx in advance
I would pick an Omen 6 because I'm not a fan of the RG's neck .

You're gonna need to try them both out, cause they are pretty equal in quality.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I would get the Ibanez. Mahogany bodies are generally better sounding and less soft than basswood.

And yes, you could put an Invader in the bridge.
i am also not fond of the RG321's neck, but tahts because im used to a fat glossy neck, not an unfinished thin neck..but i like the looks of the RG more than the Omen...even though i havent tried an omen...but just go and try both out, then get what you like more
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Id go with the rg, much thinner neck for shredding and excellent upper fret access, and the RG has a mahogony body, which i think is better than a basswood. Although basswood is still good.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
i'd go try them both out. the schecters made in china at GC felt like crap compared to my RG
I'd get the Ibanez, but don't get an Invader! There are many better pickups out there.
schecter
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
okay...if i get the ibanez...which pups should i get? cause i have heard ibanez stocks are crappy, and i might replace them
^ Dimarzio ToneZone bridge/Pafpro or Air Norton Neck

Seymour Duncan JB bridge/59' neck
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Ibanez necks are awesome! However, I prefer the fatter sized neck of the Omen. I have heard very good things about that particular Ibanez, model, but I also own the Omen, and it kicks ass. So in the end, you better try them out first.

P.S. Good lower end guitar choices!!!!
member #14 of the club! PM Gabel to join

Martha Stewart for UG President '06
I do like the Omen 6 but personally i would go for the RG anyday, i have the 270 and its ace.....if you like thin necks, sounds awesome though
get an omen 7, theyre identical except the 7 string is the same price! cant go wrong with that.
order through ams and theyre both 299$ i recall
If that is your price range, consider $50 more for the Damien, it has around $150 worth of upgrades for that $50
Quote by ArthurFonzerill
If that is your price range, consider $50 more for the Damien, it has around $150 worth of upgrades for that $50

yes
Go get your shovel.
i have the Omen 6. playing wise, it felt better then the RG350 (i know its not the same, the 350 has basswood too), but i liked it better for playing, not neccesarily tone.
i havent played the 321, but if the 350 is around the same feel, id go for the omen.
basswood or mahognay is up to personal preference, though.
The 321.

The Omen 6 sounds dull, flat, and "bleh", while the 321 has depth, sounds warm, and has tons of sustain.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
^ Just hijack the thread why dont you.

UMm, why are you askin us the price of a guitar, go check yourself at musicians friend or something, your sad...
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator