Yup, here it is, another Roland Cube thread.

Here's my tale:

I want a nice, good, metal/hardcore amp. My price range is between $300-$600, and of course I want to spend the least amount possible and still get quality.

Anyway, so I jammed at a buddys house a couple weeks ago and he has a Line 6 Spider. I'm no expert with amps (I've been using the same marshall amp since I started playing), but I did like the sound the Line 6 delivered. So I did a little searching online and saw the majority of people bashing Line 6 and saying "invest in a Roland Cube 60".

Now I like the comments I've seen with the Roland Cube and also like the price. Only problem is, where can I get one??? Guitar Center is the only real distributor around here, and they do not carry Roland Cubes in stock. Of course they will order one for me, but I have to be able to play it first. And with Roland, GC is telling me I have to pay for it before they order it.

How did everyone else get their Roland Cube??? And since I can't play a Cube before I buy it, should I just settle for a Line 6, that I've played??? I'de hate to buy a Line 6 amp and wonder if a Cube would have been better quality (as well as saved me a few bucks). But it also seems crazy to take the risk of paying $300 for an amp I've never even heard before.

Any comments on this situation is appreciated.
musiciansfriend.com, if you live the the US

edit: invest in the cube, i never used the spider but from what i heard, get the roland
(there is also the vox advt that i have, its also great, but not that much for metal)
Quote by Alexander_BR
musiciansfriend.com, if you live the the US

edit: invest in the cube, i never used the spider but from what i heard, get the roland
(there is also the vox advt that i have, its also great, but not that much for metal)

I don't really want to buy it through musiciansfriend.com because it's selling for $345. Guitar Center told me they would order it for me for $300. But if they order it for me I have to buy it, unable to play it first and decide if I like it.
the cube will sound 438588430 times better then that hunk o' junk Line6.

Where to get Roland Cubes? Well, guitar center isnt the only place to buy gear...its probably the worst IMO lol. Most all local stores have them on hand. The store I work at does, we have lots...because we sell a lot of them.

Isnt there ANY little local place you can check out?
buy it for 300.00 from guitar center and return it if you dont like it.
Better yet have a minor buy it for you. That way they have to take it back and not charge restocking fee.
Schecter C-1 XXX / Kerry King 85/81
Ibanez ??? (forgot series) EMG 81/81 Lockers/OG Floyd rose
Boss Metal Zone
glock 23 with meprolight nightsights
update:

I went to guitar center today and intended on buying the cube 60. Immediatly the guy who I spoke to tried selling me other amps. He told me that the reason they do not have cubes in stock is because they do not sell, and I shouldn't waste my time with them. I made it clear I wanted a cube 60. I had called about a week ago and spoke to a guy and we agreed on $300. After I told this guy that, he told me that the previous guy didnt know what he was talking about and he could not sell it that cheap. He started by saying it would be 347.00, and I told him it was cheaper to buy it online. I then got him down to $320.00. But I still would not buy it, not because I am too cheap to spare 20 dollars, but because of the principal that he would not sell the cube at the price I was previously told. The guy was a complete jerk, he did want to order that cube.

In conclusion: f*ck guitar center.
well, u can order it online. its free shipping and ull probably love it and never have to send it back.

if for some reason u hate it. and have a good MF reason why. reasons listed on the back of the shipping receipt. then u can call them for a free return label. and ur down nothing but ur time.

besides the tone. IMO, line 6 has a quality control problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i love my cube 30 but i have now upgraded
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
update:

after sending an e-mail to Guitar Centers customer relations, the manager of Guitar Center gave me a call. He appologized for what had happened and agreed to order me a Roland Cube 60 for $245.00. I gladly took that deal and am finally pleased with how things are turning out.
Quote by btbam8614

In conclusion: f*ck guitar center.

I tried telling you man, Guitar Center SUCKS. I asked a guy, as a joke, what the difference between a Single, a Dual, and Triple Recto was...and, no lie this is what he did:

".......ummm....Hey stand here while I get a guy in Amps."
*guy from the amp department comes up*
ME: Whats the difference between a Single, a Dual, and Triple Recto?
HIM: "....ummmm.....Besides the name? Yeah? Oh...uhhhmmm...wait here let me get an amp tech"

At that point Im laughing too hard, so I just left. Good times.
I went to a local music shop, asked someone to fix my truss rod........ guess what......................................................................................................

HE GAVE ME WHAMMY BAR !!!!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by btbam8614
update:

after sending an e-mail to Guitar Centers customer relations, the manager of Guitar Center gave me a call. He appologized for what had happened and agreed to order me a Roland Cube 60 for $245.00. I gladly took that deal and am finally pleased with how things are turning out.

Hell of a deal!
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Wow 245 for a cube 60. I should write an email to customer relations and make a bull**** story. Maybe i can get a good deal on one too.

btw, what GC was this so i dont write to the same one on accident
Last edited by pelayostyle at Jun 23, 2006,
Quote by bluespunkmetal
I went to a local music shop, asked someone to fix my truss rod........ guess what......................................................................................................

HE GAVE ME WHAMMY BAR !!!!

haha, superb
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
Quote by pelayostyle
Wow 245 for a cube 60. I should write an email to customer relations and make a bull**** story. Maybe i can get a good deal on one too.

btw, what GC was this so i dont write to the same one on accident

lol, Roseville Michigan.