Crit as I listen. I love the clean tone I wish I had that tone for my covers. The timing seems a little off and the distortion is really full of treble. So far it's pretty good though. I can tell your holding back your voice, try and just let it out all at once and relax those chest muscles. Maybe turn the vocals down a touch. Otherwise not bad!
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
Quote by rockon1824
Thanks. I really couldn't get the distorted part to sound right on my amp for whatever reason. I couldn't really get to loud because my dad was home and he probably would of thought I was insane if he heard me screaming upstairs lol.

Oh that explains it. Yeah most people can scream better loud because it distorts their voice and makes it sounds more like that.
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
great guitar .. distortion seems off but otherwise it sounds good. i think u really have good potential with ur voice, i know its hard to sing or scream as loud as u need because of other people.. but good job!
I've never heard this song, so I'm not exactly sure how your version compares. The clean guitar was nice, but the distorted guitar sounded a bit muddy. Probably just a recording issue. I agree with rohanutd, you should try recording the singing when nobody's around. I always feel self-concious when other people are around.
Thanks for critting mine.
The distortion is really, I dunno, fake sounding? What kind of amp do you have? The vocals were decent, above-average. The guitars sounded kind of plain to be honest, but that's just my opinion.
Hope this helps

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Quote by Mike1109
Thanks for critting mine.
The distortion is really, I dunno, fake sounding? What kind of amp do you have? The vocals were decent, above-average. The guitars sounded kind of plain to be honest, but that's just my opinion.
Hope this helps

Thanks a lot. Yeah, I don't know what's up with the distortion, I think I have to turn the tone down a little. I have a Rage 158 amp but I'm using a DS-1 so the distortion should be better.
Yep, I'd spend a good 10 minutes or so testing out all of your amp's capabilities before recording. Change your settings and record a few bars of the riff. Do this several times and then play them all back and choose which one sounds best, or which one sounds closest to the original. Other than that I liked it. Happy tweaking

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
I dont wanna sound harsh or anything but if you can play this song with the confidence and ease that you do you should consider getting a new/better amp i think :-)

it will make it sound so much better.

I had a rage 158 first, now i have a peavey bandit 112 and i really wouldnt want to go back to my rage
The guitar track is okay, defintiely room for improvement. As for the vocals, I can tell you're not much of a vocalist but that's okay. Keep practicing singing and you'll be able to sing decently in time.

Crit for crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382139
My Gear:
  • Baby Blue Fender MexiStrat
  • Vox AD30VT

MikeLikes2Rock, I tried your idea, Genius!

Yeah, I'm a genius.
Quote by Uranianamus
I dont wanna sound harsh or anything but if you can play this song with the confidence and ease that you do you should consider getting a new/better amp i think :-)

it will make it sound so much better.

I had a rage 158 first, now i have a peavey bandit 112 and i really wouldnt want to go back to my rage

Yeah I've been wanting to buy a new amp for ages, I'm saving up for one. Thanks for the crit.