Ok, so I'm looking at buying a bass now (thanks again to the people who helped me out earlier)... so, in all honesty, I know *nothing* about what I'm looking for. What should I keep an eye out for? Any reccomendations on buying a good bass, or a specific brand/model that would be a good starter guitar?

Thanks.
well you can try the beginner ibanez packs, they have a nice soundgear bass thats great for beginners, i had one when i first started, and it helped me alot...the amps not always the greatest, but whats your budget?
well, I'd prefer to spend somewhere around $300, but I can afford to go a little higher. I already have an AMP for my electric guitar (lol, I have no idea if those would work for a bass. Forgive me >.<

As to music, I like anything that pertains to Rock really. I love A.F.I., My Chemical Romance, Kids in the Way, Muse... anything like that...
^^it will work, but if you play with a bass on an guitar amp at high levels for a while, it can damage, or even break the speaker. Since you're just starting out on bass, and you played the guitar beforehand, I'd suggest the Ibanez starter pack, or try and get the GSR200 since it has active preamp (much better than passive for low-end basses), and a cheap bass amp. The Ibanez series of basses are usually quite versatile, and the neck is super thin, so if your styles of music change, you can still probably get the right tone outta your bass.
Quote by Soma3009
An interesting Thread. IN BIZARRO WORLD! HAH.

Quote by FakePlsticTrees
and props, clapping and bows to you mantiscabinet.
start thinking about an am though. better to spend slightly less on a bass and get an amp too instead of ruining your guitar amp. You can can always buy a second-hand bass amp cheap...
I would suggest a Washburn Taurus along with an Ibanez SoundWave 100w. The Taurus is great for the price, and the soundwave can become a monitor after you upgrade your amplification.
Ok, so none of this technical stuff makes sense to me. What makes a good bass amp good? (Or even a guitar amp, for that matter! >.<
Quote by XacrossXwatersX
Ok, so none of this technical stuff makes sense to me. What makes a good bass amp good? (Or even a guitar amp, for that matter! >.<

The sound?
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2