Allright, I've just written some new material for my band. Sarcophagus, Poetry and such. But we've also written a drum solo (Drawing inspiration from Toad and Moby Dick) and of course, we had to go the old-school way with a riff for about 1 minute, then drum solo, then riff for another 30 seconds and END! Anyways, I just wrote some shit up and came up with this:

e---------------------------------------------|
B---------------------------------------------|
G---------------------------------------------|
D----------2-4-2---2----------------2---------|
A------2-5-------5------2-5-2h5-2h5-----------|
E----0----------------0-----------------------|

But that sounds so familiar! Does this riff already exist or is it ours for the taking?
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
Last edited by NineInchNails_0 at Jun 20, 2006,
hmm..i think this belongs in the riffs and recording forum, more specifically the tabs and chords sub-forum
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Well, I don't know if any famous band uses it. But my band's first song starts out exactly like that. Hmm.
-Guitars-
LTD ESP EC-1000VB
Ibanez RG420d
Fender Strat Made In Korea
Old Jackson from the 80's (Not sure on series)
Epiphone Special II
Fender Acoustic
-Amplifiers-
Roland JC-60 Original
Marshall HDFX Head
Marshall 412b Cab
Allright. Thanks. ^That's a little creepy ain't it?
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

Quote by Guitarist_Taylo
Well, I don't know if any famous band uses it. But my band's first song starts out exactly like that. Hmm.

Looks like you'll have to battle for it.
Currently Playing:
1986 H-H Contemporary Fender Telecaster
Backup:
Ibanez Ex Series
Customized SSS Starter Stratocaster
Quote by Guitarist_Taylo

At least it does now, yoink!
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Large Brownie Batter Blizzard with chunks of brownie. *Dairy product orgasm*

Yes, i'm fat
So... People actually like my riff? I thought it sucked. Thanks everyone!

i actually like it a lot too. you should use it
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Quote by Green_Fox
hmm..i think this belongs in the riffs and recording forum, more specifically the tabs and chords sub-forum

Ummm...that's the forum it's in...
Quote by poopikins
Ummm...that's the forum it's in...

Check the post right above yours (the one you presumably read like you should've before you posted.) It was recently moved.
Currently Playing:
1986 H-H Contemporary Fender Telecaster
Backup:
Ibanez Ex Series
Customized SSS Starter Stratocaster
I am pretty sure it has not been used, but at 300 beats a minute it souns like a Queen guitar solo.....

Anyways, its great.