Hey guys. I'm needing help in picking a new guitar. I play everything from Pearl Jam to Pantera....Avenged Sevenfold to Bon Jovi and EVERYTHING in between . I'm getting a Vox AD50VT and play through a Korg AX1500G. I've been looking at Schecter's, Ibanez' and Jackson's....and I'm swaying towards a Schecter at the moment. I've been looking at the Omen 6 Extreme FR, the C1 Plus, the C1 Elite and the Hellraiser. My price range is between £0 - £400. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated and thanks in advance guys
Celtic FootballClub1888
I like Ibanez the best. I they think they have more value, and are more reliable. I have a friend who had a schecter and the bridge broke and they couldn't fix it. Now he has a kick ass ibanez that plays amazingly for like $300.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
i would go with jackson. they're usually better for low prices than cheap ibanezes (not that i don't like them.) i got one for about your budget and it's versatile and sounds great. that's my opinion.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
i would go with jackson. they're usually better for low prices than cheap ibanezes (not that i don't like them.) i got one for about your budget and it's versatile and sounds great. that's my opinion.

^^i have the same guitar (only in transparent blue) and i love it!
the 2006 model is even better, it has real duncans and i've hear the trem is better altough mine also feels very good.
Last edited by 666_Belial at Jun 20, 2006,
Go with the Jackson. IMO The Jackson's are superior to Ibanez's in the same price range, but Schecter is very close to Jackson in Quality at the price...

Note: When I bought my SLSMG, It was a toss up between that, a Schecter Exotic, and an Ibanez 1570... I played them and I bught the Soloist cause it played the best... but Schecters tend to have better pickups stock
Ibanez are the best guitars you can buy for that amount of money. I got my rg 320 DX at guitar center for 300 and it plays better than any schecter or low end jackson ive played.

Shecter's usually have fatter necks ( like the gibsons)
Ibanez have thin flat necks that are very fast.
Quote by Striketalonx
Go with the Jackson. IMO The Jackson's are superior to Ibanez's in the same price range, but Schecter is very close to Jackson in Quality at the price...
Note: When I bought my SLSMG, It was a toss up between that, a Schecter Exotic, and an Ibanez 1570... I played them and I bught the Soloist cause it played the best... but Schecters tend to have better pickups stock

So a jackson JS guitar is superior to a RG321MH ?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Ibanez are the best guitars you can buy for that amount of money. I got my rg 320 DX at guitar center for 300 and it plays better than any schecter or low end jackson ive played.

I disagree, the lower end ibanez's around 300-500 aren't that great except for the S and SZ series, the trems on the rg's in that range are generally low quality (Edge pro II and III), basswood bodies, crap stock pickups. Although the necks are still thin, i'd take a schecter or maybe a jackson in that price range over a low end ibanez.
Quote by ClassicAxe
So a jackson JS guitar is superior to a RG321MH ?

haha.
good point i did overlook that
>_>

Isn't a DKMGT more comparable to a RG321mh though??

(sadly, i will admit defeat that the 321mh owns the JS's..)