Spamwise
stop calling me a homo
6,662 IQ
I love journey..they're really underrated, imo. Perry was an amazing vocalist, and Schon is a very talented guitarist.
SWLABR
Have you seen the Bridge?
927 IQ
you should check out Journey's very first cd without steve perry, the first track is amazing and it's one of my favorite Journey songs
Keep the change, pimps don't jangle
Spamwise
stop calling me a homo
6,662 IQ
Quote by SWLABR
you should check out Journey's very first cd without steve perry, the first track is amazing and it's one of my favorite Journey songs

What's it called?

I have generations..they were giving out free copies at a journey concert i went to in august.
SWLABR
Have you seen the Bridge?
927 IQ
its just called Journey by Journey. Its less balladry and more jams and rock
Keep the change, pimps don't jangle
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
I like Journey, to be honest. Their songs are really catchy.

And to distilledspirit, I know exactly what you mean - however, early Journey was actually a progressive rock band, rather than more of a commercial pop band similar to foreigner.
RnRGirl
155 IQ
It was 1983's Frontiers album when they started to sound more like a pop band.
Calum_Barrow
(the return)
1,255 IQ
I think they're pretty good from what I've heard too. Admittedly, the only album I have is "3SC4PE" (as they like to put it with their 80s 1337ness) on LP.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
rx_eb
rawwwr
273 IQ
Journey's underrated?

are you kidding me?
My Spanish Hearts
distilledspirit
Fat Old Sun
463 IQ
I would say that because about 6,000,000,000,000 women from the ages of 13-21 only know the songs Lights and Don't Stop believing and most educated Classic Rockers would say they suck because those songs, as most people think, are girlie.
Spamwise
stop calling me a homo
6,662 IQ
Quote by rx_eb
Journey's underrated?

are you kidding me?

only like one person i've asked likes journey..and i've asked a lot, so yeah. lol
bajeda
UG's Drug Guru
107 IQ
Quote by SWLABR
its just called Journey by Journey. Its less balladry and more jams and rock

Now that I would be willing to give a try. I don't mind Journey, they are good to listen to when drunk and partying with chicas but I wouldn't listen to them otherwise. I'll have to give this album a looksie.
wilty00
From a Distance.
1,489 IQ
A little too cheesy for my liking, but I enjoy a few songs.
mercedesisbenz
Cissy Strut
1,292 IQ
theyre a good listen every once in a while, nothing too special but not bad by any means
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
terrencemaddox
UG Fanatic
174 IQ
Quote by distilledspirit
I would say that because about 6,000,000,000,000 women from the ages of 13-21 only know the songs Lights and Don't Stop believing and most educated Classic Rockers would say they suck because those songs, as most people think, are girlie.

I don't care how cheesy or "girlie" they may seem to some...I love them. Their songs just make me feel good.
BlueOyster23
Welcome To My Nightmare
860 IQ
I was pretty disappointed with the Journey CD I bought a few months ago, the only great songs were "Don't Stop Believin'" and "Wheel In The Sky."

BTW, it was a compilation.
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
Rock 24/7
Banned
40 IQ
Journey is a good band. In fact, I've been listening to them a lot here lately. I love their songs, Faithfully, Wheel In The Sky, Don't Stop Believin', Stone In Love, Any Way You Want It, Send Her My Love, Separate Ways (Worlds Apart), and After The Fall. A pretty long list, so I rate them pretty highly. A very talented band, especially with Neal Schon and Steve Perry. There's just something about their music that really throws in mixed emotions. They can take you from feeling really sad to really happy. I must say, there's not many bands that do that for me.
Last edited by Rock 24/7 at Jun 27, 2006,
Rock1986
Kill Em All
235 IQ
Journey is freakin great. My favorites are faithfully, lights, Lovin Touchin, Squeezin, The Great Pretender and Feelin that way/anytime
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
alex_haeni
UG Board King
893 IQ
Open arms is probably the cheesiest song i have ever heard.
Still good though.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
bluesbreaker59
UG's conservative
121 IQ
Quote by distilledspirit
I never thought of these guys as Classic Rock, more of an 80's glam band.

agree 100%
in my opinion they should go in the 'other' section of the forum because if they are anything, its not classic rock.
***MEMBER OF THE WHO FAN CLUB***

*Founder of Teenage Wasteland Club*(working to inform the un-informed)

**Member #2 of the Windmillers Club**

**Alter Boy of Zeppelinism**

*9/08 THE WHO*