Not sure if this is in the right forum but hey ... anyway ... I am playing a gig on Saturday and I have only two guitars...this is our playlist...bare in mind I am playing in 3 songs...
In playing order...
1.Holiday - Green Day
2.I write sins not tragedies - Panic! At The Disco
3.I Miss You - Blink 182
4.Sweet Child 'O' Mine - Guns 'n' Roses
5.Give Me Novacaine - Green Day
Anyway what I needed to know is will I need to take more than 1 guitar...just in case it goes out of tune...so...who is gonna reply ?
Well, alaways take a second guitar as a string could snap anytime. so theirs your answer!
two is fine. If one goes out of tune......tune it. Might be crazy enough to work.
Man, I feel sorry for any GnR fans in your audience.

Anyway, it's always a good idea to bring a second guitar. You never know when a string will snap.
Quote by Danno13
Man, I feel sorry for any GnR fans in your audience.

Anyway, it's always a good idea to bring a second guitar. You never know when a string will snap.

LOL

yeah, i remember being at a concert, and one of the guitarists had like eleven guitars he switched between. it was actually kinda cool because it kept you wondering what one he was gonna use next.
Never trust a guitar with a floyd rose. One string breaks, you're ****ed as I've unfortunately discovered once as some insane force possessed me, making me believe a two tone bend was a good idea . It goes without saying, that it wasn't...
Thanks for reading
yeah these guys are right, but seriously man.... sweet child o mine is not a song to take lightly, make sure to use a well set up guitar for that and even if u f*** ur guitar up to play that song well do it.

there is nothing worse than hearing a bad version of a good song and if u do that wrong people wont car about the rest of ur set.

peace out dude

RAVEN
my gear:
Gibson custom les paul Pageburst
PRS SE single cut
eppiphone les paul custom black beauty
B.C rich mocking bird
B.C rich KKV
Quote by BLACKRAVEN
yeah these guys are right, but seriously man.... sweet child o mine is not a song to take lightly, make sure to use a well set up guitar for that and even if u f*** ur guitar up to play that song well do it.

there is nothing worse than hearing a bad version of a good song and if u do that wrong people wont car about the rest of ur set.

peace out dude

RAVEN

Yeah. The problem with playing well known songs is that you're gonna get compared to the original, which is no problem if you can do it perfectly, but otherwise..
Oh that reminds me, check your leads, I was playing the opening to sweet child of mine and my lead kept cutting out.
Thanks for reading
always bring a back up guitar and extra strings to any gig, also a tuner is important, but wow i cant believe you are think you will be able to play Panic! at the disco and two songs later play sweet child o' mine and walk off that stage alive
^That's what I was thinking.

Any GnR fans are gonna hear Panic! and think goddamn, what a faggot band and then you'll play Sweet Child, and the Panic! fans will all be like goddamn, what a faggot band.

And then you'll get mauled.
C'mon guys...your talking about a Primary School Summer Fete...And plus I am rhythm guitar...and we are pretty good so...shup
You're playing for kids that aren't even pre-teen yet?

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Roc8995=sigged

That was hilarious...anyways, erm, two guitars is always better than just one. The neck might fall off while you play, who knows? You can never be too prepared, so just bring all your stuff, be sure to put on new strings before the gig and you'll be fine.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
why are you only playing in three of the songs?
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Take another guitar you never know when a string might snap.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
yes take another one, i was at a gig the other day and i broke a string on the first song. Needless to say the next few songs became the 5 string set which was intresting.
Quote by YoungPilgrim
why are you only playing in three of the songs?

all of the songs except sweet child of mine could be played with 1 guitar. blink and panic are 1 guitar bands, and even though greenday added a second guitarist now a lot of their stuff is still 1 guitar stuff. like holiday. i dunno about the other green day song.
Quote by lefty_strat_str
Only buy guitars that have had their wood harvested from the north side of the tree, during the summer solstice, by virgin druids suffering from dwarfism. Next stupid question, please.
Quote by Mike1109
You're playing for kids that aren't even pre-teen yet?

hmm... yeah seems like that panic song might not be the best choice for kids that young. just cause it says damn and wh*re and stuff like that in it. i mean, i dont care what you sing to the kids, but im sure their parents might
Quote by lefty_strat_str
Only buy guitars that have had their wood harvested from the north side of the tree, during the summer solstice, by virgin druids suffering from dwarfism. Next stupid question, please.
If you're only playing 5 songs then i wouldn't advise playing 2 songs from the same band. Especially Greenday when their songs are extremely similar. And i doubt your singer will be able to do a decent cover of SCOM as it's quite demanding vocally; I'd imagine that the panic! song could be a bit tricky vocal wise too.
What exactly makes Sweet Child O Mine so special? As far as I'm concerned SCOM is one of the most annoying songs to hit the charts. It's a poser favourite and is the kind of song that turned rock into pansyass guitar pop. And don't bother flaming me -- it's just my opinion. I can't stand it when people begin telling others what they are allowed to play and what is too sacred.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Last edited by Armored Artist at Jun 20, 2006,
....can your band actually play the solo and intro to the song?

you have to kick MAJOR ass to pull that off...good luck

That is the weirdest set list of all time
^You'll be jumping out of your window pretty soon unless you like the feeling of getting flamed to death.

PS. When you're being sarcastic, you need to use :rolleyes :
Quote by Armored Artist
What exactly makes Sweet Child O Mine so special? As far as I'm concerned SCOM is one of the most annoying songs to hit the charts. It's a poser favourite and is the kind of song that turned rock into pansyass guitar pop. And don't bother flaming me -- it's just my opinion. I can't stand it when people begin telling others what they are allowed to play and what is too sacred.

They just want it played right because SCOM is such a widely known song and if they F' it up a little bit, it will be very noticeable.
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
Well, you'll definetly need two, as half of "Give Me Novacaine" is acoustic. Unless you're playing the electric rhythm. Actually, that song requires three guitars. 1 acoustic, 2 electrics.

Either way, bring two electrics and an acoustic if possible.

Also, there are much better songs by Green Day than "Holiday." You could go for the big guns and play "Jesus of Suburbia" and "Homecoming." The audience will then saint you and your band because of your 1337 skills of pwnage at playing not one, but TWO 9 minute long, incredibly easy songs that look hard.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Last edited by Xenn99 at Jun 20, 2006,