Hey, I've got problems coming up with intros. Coming up with a cool riff is a little hard for me also, but i manage. But with the into's, im blank. Im good at writing solo's too, provided i come up with a good rythm part for the solo, but i have problems with that also. How can i come up with better intros?? Help!!

Also, im starting in a band soon, so it would be good with some fast answers!!

Thanks alot
what kind of riff? if its rock or grunge, you can just simplyify the riff and play it with less or no distortion for a decent intro, hey look at Smells Like Teen Spirit
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Quote by Overaid
Play backward, start with the outro.

And then end with the intro, it works like magic...

Just make noise or play the main melody.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
outro is the same as intro lol... I don't exactly fare any better

I like the intro's of guns n roses songs, but i just can't seem to get the sound i want ;(
Have the bassist do the main riff. Thats your intor then after he does it like twice jump in...

its realy not that hard. And you cant ask someone to tell you how to make an intro because there is over a million ways to do so.
Quote by Brothers_In_Arms
The Darkness are kind of a classic rock band, despite being a current band, so i though id put it here.
^Okay, i just made a really cool intro (I thought), I just tried to play the main riff, and hear in my head what would sound good as an intro to that. But there's still the problem with backing rythm track for solo's Any tips?
You can use the verse riff or the intro for the rhythm behind the solo; you can make a new rthythm. There is no rule
^ is totally right, theres a million different ways to write an intro (subsequently there are also a million different ways to write a song and structure too)
theres basic structural rules but even those can be bent and broken when you know what yer doing, it's music, let it be music, me personally i try not to think it over too hard.
Or get the rhythm guitar to play these funny little things called chords..
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Some Options:
1: Shred
2: Have the drummer scream and go psycho, then play like mad
3: Have the bass/alternate instrument play the main melody
4: Have the rhythm fade in slowly
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.