I was just watching the new muse video "SMBH", and i noticed that that not only is chris using his pedulla but rather a fender, but its also stripy. noy just the body, but also the fretboard.

Am i just seeing things? or has he got a neat little custom that we dont know about?
its pretty nice looking. dont like fenders myself
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Same. But damn is it sexy. No information available about it though.
Quote by Tallman
Same. But damn is it sexy. No information available about it though.

tallman, if you find any info post it here, ill do the same ok?
sure.

EDIT - This thread must be renamed "the search for the Stripey Fender"
Quote by Tallman
sure.

EDIT - This thread must be renamed "the search for the Stripey Fender"

sounds like a good name to me
Pedulla Rapture RBJ2-4
Pedulla Rapture RB4 x 2 i know he has those i think, but what else..?? what is that fender? lol
i have seen the stripey bass and it is good.

such a sick video too
just trying to help out some of the people here
i took some screen shots
horrible quailty
but hey
its something
yay for youtube?

personally what i think, its a flame maple body with natural finish and the lighting showcases the flame parts and its a fender 97% lol and im also thining its a flame maple fretboard also
thats my two cents
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

www.myspace.com/thedeathbynumbers
Last edited by Lowend at Jun 21, 2006,
yeah thanks for the pics, we still gotta investigate this, ill try the Only Muse Thread.. but i still gotta look.... honest to God, it looks like a fender though, i mean come on lol
Just looks like a P-bass with a Jazz pickup in the bridge. It more than likely has a flame maple top, but I've never seen flame maple used on a neck.
Quote by Bumper
Just looks like a P-bass with a Jazz pickup in the bridge. It more than likely has a flame maple top, but I've never seen flame maple used on a neck.

exactly, thats why im trying to look this up lol
maybe its a custom shop or a new signature model coming out soon. who knows.

its a p-special with lots of flamed maple top for sure, wouldnt be surprised if its a new signature model.
heres the best I can get showing the headstock
its weird
throughout the video the headstocks ALWAYS in the shadows!

-edit

wow... its basiclly the same as the other.... sweet?
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

Yep, some Fender Jazz basses with I THINK custom Manson pickups.

People, VH2 7pm 28th of June, Muse live. I won't be here though...

i got that from a dude in the Muse forum, they really know their Muse stuff, but, your call
Quote by Applehead
^ heh heh, i'm seeing them live at Reading Festival in august, woo hoo!

heh sorry about the " extra words there " but thats awesome your going!

if i dont talk to you ever again, which i will lol, hope you have a good time, lol and if you can let us know which bass chris is using, and if hes using that fender id be cool!
That bass isn't a Fender, it's a Sadowsky. I can see clearly now, the rain is gone!
Quote by Bumper
That bass isn't a Fender, it's a Sadowsky. I can see clearly now, the rain is gone!

woot!!

June 22. 2005 AD The Scientist Bumper Discovers The Science Finding Of The !

ok ill stop now

but thats for that information, bro!

http://www.sadowsky.com/welcome/index.html theres the site!
Last edited by BassSurfer at Jun 22, 2006,
"

Alder body, solid colors, sunburst: An alder body, with a morado fingerboard is recommended to the player looking for a bass with the character of an early sixties L-series Fender Jazz Bass. Matching headstocks are also available.

Swamp ash body, solid, sunburst or transparent finishes: A swamp ash body with a maple neck is the bass of choice for the player desiring that '70s J-bass "Marcus Miller" sound.

Bent maple top/swamp ash body, various sunbursts and transparent finishes: Our most beautiful bass, equally at home with a morado or maple fingerboard, similar sound to swamp ash. We offer quilt, flame or spalted maple.

All models are available in Vintage Style, which includes a pickguard and control plate".

Oh yeah baby. I want one...
^Yeah, they are awesome basses. But for upwards of $1,000 they damn well better be.
You can tell by the headstock it isn't a Fender.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by Bumper
^Yeah....it's pretty obviously a Sadowsky headstock.

Case Closed: Great Detective Work By Bumper And Applehead, our glorious police force shall honor you tomorrow, drinks on the house!
Quote by BassSurfer
Case Closed: Great Detective Work By Bumper And Applehead, our glorious police force shall honor you tomorrow, drinks on the house!

whoa whoa whoa
what about me?
i supplied the pictures
and said flame maple
wheres my props?
lol

just kidding (...sorta) lol

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

Quote by Lowend
whoa whoa whoa
what about me?
i supplied the pictures
and said flame maple
wheres my props?
lol

just kidding (...sorta) lol

Lowend, you will be honored the purple heart, as your couragoues acts of sniping to kill the guard unlocking the seceret, and you getting shot, risking your life for our means, you are awarded the purple heart!

lmfao..... sorry if this is spam, but hey w/e
^Bah, I don't think anyone cares if it is or not. It's fairly humorous, and it still pertains (slightly) to the topic. But yeah, if it weren't for Lowends picture (the one where you can barely see the headstock outline) then we'd probably still be stuck thinking it's a Fender.

Btw...Does anyone else have Sadowsky GAS right now?
Quote by Bumper
^Bah, I don't think anyone cares if it is or not. It's fairly humorous, and it still pertains (slightly) to the topic. But yeah, if it weren't for Lowends picture (the one where you can barely see the headstock outline) then we'd probably still be stuck thinking it's a Fender.

Btw...Does anyone else have Sadowsky GAS right now?

^ more than ever =)
A Sadowsky somehow made it's way into a local Guitar Center (labeled 1 of 5) for 3200 dollars. It was probably the best bass i've ever had my hands on.
^ ...probably? ^
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
^Yeah, they're pretty good. But I wouldn't say a Sadowsky is the best bass I've ever played.
I've never actually played one, but alot of people swear by them. Apparently they are all really light. (Yes I have Sadowsky GAS right now. To bad I just bought two new basses with a third on the way.)
How dare you make a purchase and not inform every single member of UG! What basses did you get? When are we going to see pics?
W()()T!!!!!!!!!!!

Just saw this thread again!

Sadowsky eh? hideously overprice things.

Anyway pancakes for everyone!!
My friend is going to a party tonight and Muse will be there. I have asked her to find out exactly what bass he is playing, what pups he has, and what strings he uses. Will report back tomorrow if she gets any info
Quote by Bumper
How dare you make a purchase and not inform every single member of UG! What basses did you get? When are we going to see pics?

Unfortunatly I don't have a digital camera, so my phone is the best you'll get.

When I have time I'll take some better pictures.

The one on the left is a Gibson G-3 from 1975. And the other is a Warwick Fortress Fretless 1993.

I'll make a thread once my custom is done, and spotlight all three basses at once. Which should be in a 2 weeks max. If not I'll do one for those two. (Check out page 18 of 'Show off your bass V2 for the custom's pictures.)