You know how most Ibanez's have crappy pickups? Well Ibanez just came out with a new guitar with EMG's, it doesn't say what kind though. Check it out! Are they any good?http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGT5EX-Electric-Guitar?sku=512221
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Last edited by Pants99 at Jun 20, 2006,
no actives or at least not emg's 81 85 casue these have colored tags those are white; I'm guessing those are EMG - HZ's

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
So is that a good guitar or not, I mean are the pickups better than normal Ibanez RG Stock Pickups?
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Umm even if they were real emg's, it's a basswood body still.In addition it's an Edge pro II bridge which sucks, ibanez won't get it right, if they put those emg's in one of the mahogany prestiges with the wizard prestige neck and edge pro it'd be kick ass, but it's in the basswood body which won't sound very good, go with a hellraiser FR, same price, mahogany, real emg's, OFR.
Ok, I thought maybe they got a little smarter lol, well it was worth asking, thanks.