Hi,

I'm going to be getting a new head. I went down and tried a bunch out and my favorite (that I can afford) is the B-52 ST100-a Stealth. THe other two i like are mesa and orange and they're way too expensive for me.

Can I please have the opinions of some who have owned this amp or any amp from this maker as to the general quality? Spcific issues or bonuses? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
I haven't heard anything bad about B-52's. They seem like a great tube amp for the cost
Thanks man
Schecter C-1 XXX / Kerry King 85/81
Ibanez ??? (forgot series) EMG 81/81 Lockers/OG Floyd rose
Boss Metal Zone
glock 23 with meprolight nightsights
i would say SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DON'T BUY ANY B-52 AMPS. i've only heard BAD things about them (they're the worst recto rip-off ever and the tone is crap). save your money and buy a jsx head which are VERY good sounding and about $600 more, or save even more money and buy one of those other amps you talked about
Quote by Gibson_Left
i would say SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DON'T BUY ANY B-52 AMPS. i've only heard BAD things about them (they're the worst recto rip-off ever and the tone is crap). save your money and buy a jsx head which are VERY good sounding and about $600 more, or save even more money and buy one of those other amps you talked about

lol... he is talking about spending $600 dollars on an amp and you are telling him to spend $1200 and up on an amp. Not everyone is made of money. The B-52 has a 5 year warranty so if anything goes wrong, they fix it. They are great deals for $700.
I would go the extra $100 and get the AT100. The B-52 is very solid for the money and after a year or so, retube it with good tubes and it really comes alive. Check out harmony-central.com for reviews, they're almost all good.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Mudder
I would go the extra $100 and get the AT100. The B-52 is very solid for the money and after a year or so, retube it with good tubes and it really comes alive. Check out harmony-central.com for reviews, they're almost all good.

Agreed. While they arent the GREATEST of amps, for the price you get a lot more than you pay for. My other guitarist has one and the amp has a good clean and good dirty channels.

For what you are looking to spend, this would be a good choice.
Thanks guys.

After these recommendations and a couple of professional reviews, I'm going to look at the AT100.

It's going to leave me with 100 bucks less for a cabinet though. I think I'm going to get a 120 watt crate with 4 celestion 12" in it. The're like 300 bucks.

Thanks guys
Boss Metal Zone
carvin legacy cab
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Yes, Avatar cabs are better than just about every cab made, especially since you can customize your speaker set-up. And they're cheap! For the price, I would suggest trying out the Peavey VavleKing series.
Quote by Gibson_Left
Yes, Avatar cabs are better than just about every cab made, especially since you can customize your speaker set-up. And they're cheap! For the price, I would suggest trying out the Peavey VavleKing series.

Thanks, I tried the peavy Valveking and a 350w solid state peavy, plus a couple of carvins, the solid state marshall that everyone hates, the vox and the spider (also universally reviled)

It was actually the b-52 sound that brought my budget up to around 6-700. I like the way it sounds. I used to play with a rack and a pod and all that knobby nonsense. I spent more time playing with knobs than jamming out.

I want a basic setup. want to use the amps distortion to play punk and the boss metal zone for the metal. just need volume and warm ringing cleans.

Can anyone tell me this....
what is the difference etween the ST and AT? I see that the AT has more tubes but I can't find any different features.

That would be awesome. Sorry for noobing it.
Boss Metal Zone