Ibanez GSR100Z. Ugly but its cool.
"VANDALISM: Beautiful As A Rock In A Cop's Face."
Kurt Cobain
It seems like every other thread made is a beginner asking what cheap bass they should buy.

I mean there's nothing wrong with that but maybe Dan should look into making a stickied thread all about beginners basses and how much they cost. Even just a short list of like 10 cheapish/good basses and their price would be good as a starting post.

I would offer to make this list myself but really I don't know much about beginner basses, I haven't had any first-hand experience and I could only comment on basses available in the UK.

Thoughts?

Oh and to the threadstarter: A good/cheap versatile bass will nearly always come in the form of an Ibanez.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Washburn Taurus is my vote, might be a mite over $200, though (I got mine 5 strings for $180)
Quote by Nikklaus
It seems like every other thread made is a beginner asking what cheap bass they should buy.

I mean there's nothing wrong with that but maybe Dan should look into making a stickied thread all about beginners basses and how much they cost. Even just a short list of like 10 cheapish/good basses and their price would be good as a starting post.

I would offer to make this list myself but really I don't know much about beginner basses, I haven't had any first-hand experience and I could only comment on basses available in the UK.

Thoughts?

Oh and to the threadstarter: A good/cheap versatile bass will nearly always come in the form of an Ibanez.

My thoughts exactly, Kids need to learn to use the search.
Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Hey baby, is that a mirror in your pocket or am I stabbing you repeatedly in the face?

The Slick Fingers of the Bass Malitia, PM IndieMetalHead to join

You don't own shit.
Yea good idea Nikklaus, but anyway, squier p-bass is good.
Quote by unplugtheradio
fuck sigs

Quote by alex_haeni
Damn you kbass, you're good.

Quote by Lessthanbass22
My thoughts exactly, Kids need to learn to use the search.

Yeah but everyone has different requirements so many will be looking for completely different basses. Plus if those kinds of threads weren't here, the forums would be half empty.
we need it though, we can steadily add to it from people who have owned it and can comment on it, and not have the usual 'zomgzitssquieritscrap' garbage that gets posted in the threads
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.