Ok so i am goin to save for an Elitist instead of a plain top, so outta the les pauls, which one should i get, i think the goldtop or the custom, but i dont know.
well i REALLY want the goldtop, but to someone who owns one, does the gold chip/fade/come off?
all finishes fade with time. it all just depends on how you treat your instrument how fast that happens.
in my opinion there is nothing sexier than a worn guitar.
Quote by selloutpunx
all finishes fade with time. it all just depends on how you treat your instrument how fast that happens.
in my opinion there is nothing sexier than a worn guitar.

i mean faster then normal, and wtf is a bookmatched mahagony? tell me!(post a pic plz of the back of the guitar, i cant find a pic of it)
It's a type of cut and finish to the mahogany. It's supposively very high quality, brings out characterists or something like that (which is good). Anyway, As was stated earlier, all finishes will fade with time, and it is 100% dependant on how you treat the guitar, so no, the Goldtop won't fade faster.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
I say an elite standard plus

i have one, and its amazingly awesome..

the top is hot too!

here are some pics of mine

these seem a bit dark, i didint use the flash
Minsoo s.w.
It's all preference on them. I personally am going for the Alpine White LP Custom. I just prefer the color. I'm pretty sure that most of the stuff on them is the same. Pickups, hardware, etc. However, the Custom will have more cosmetic things. Like the block inlays and back binding.

I don't know if the Gold Top is considered a Standard or a Custom, or really what features it has, but for the most part it should be identicle to the Standard and Custom.

As for the finish, it will wear exactly the same as any other solid finish. It has a clear coat over it, so it won't chip from a few small dings here and there. It will last for as long as you take care of it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
sweet, but i dunno the goldtop's pretty flipping sweet, but anyway, are the std. pluses more because of the flametop? does that make the goltop/custom sound better?
^The Standard is ~$100 more because of the flame maple top. Which other than the sound added by it being a maple top, it's just cosmetics. It will sound nearly identicle to the Custom or the Gold Top.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Hey xenn, weren't you going for the washburn idol wi-66?

Or has the EG forum finally turned you over to the dark side?
Quote by Xenn99
^The Standard is ~$100 more because of the flame maple top. Which other than the sound added by it being a maple top, it's just cosmetics. It will sound nearly identicle to the Custom or the Gold Top.

WAIT! Wats the "'57" part of it, the paint job, or the way the body is cut, (shape differtly)?
Last edited by Arlabester at Jun 20, 2006,
Quote by taper_fra_nord
Hey xenn, weren't you going for the washburn idol wi-66?

Or has the EG forum finally turned you over to the dark side?

I KNOW YOUR SECRET IDENTITY!

Yeah. I passed on the WI-66. I got the itch for a Les Paul instead. (Actually, two of them and that hawt Epi Wilshire reissue...)

Arlabester, be sure to try it out first. Make sure you like the feel and sound of it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
That they are.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
whats the '56 part about the goldtop, the paint job, or the way the body's cut (different shape)?
I believe the Gold Top came out in '56. It's not a normal color, so that would explain the '56 part.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar