Ive had my Epitaph Gibson for awhile now, but i've seem to run into a problem with it when it is plugged into an amp.

Depending on how the patch cord is positioned, it will either make a loud buzzing sound in the key of D that comes out of the amp, which when the guitar is strum, no sound comming from the guitar to the amp is heard except for the buzzing D,

or, if placed in the proper position, it will play normally as it should.

This has happened to my other guitar (kramer), i havent been able to find a solution online. If anyone has any ideas/advice, or needs any clarification to my situation, please reply!!

Thanks
you need to tune your high E string up to an F,and that should take care of the problem.
either ur input is loose.

or ur cord is bad.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011

you take it out of the guitar, hold both ends to tighten it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Ok, ive opened it, but it seems there is no white wire. I assume it fell off, it that what is making the buzz noises?
yeah, there should be two wires.

usually if one is loose itll buzz. prob it fell off now and because its short, its sitting a little ways back in that hole.

because the white is probably the hot, i doubt the guitar will work.

anyway, fish it out thru the back cavity, or in that hole there. and resolder it to the "lug" the metal post it fell off of.

and u should be fine.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62