I have just started to play guitar and i was wondering how to play the part of this tab at the bottom where the first pair of 7's are lined up i was wondering if we just play strum them like their is a zero between hem or if i just pick them.(Thistab is To live is to die by Metallica).

e------ 7-7-12-12-12-7-7-8-7-10-7h8p7-7-7-----------7
B--8-8--------------- 0-0---0---------- 7-7-7-------7-7
G--9-9-7-7-9--9--9---0-0---0---------- 7-7---7---7---7
D--------------------------------------------- 9------
A----------------------------------------------------
E--------------------------------------------------
This confused me for the longest time. . .

All you need to do is to put whatever finger you are using to press down the lower note (closer to your face) on the string with no note(as well as the original note), do it lightly, just so it can't ring out and then strum all three strings.

Sorry if it's convoluted. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Mute the string you don't wanna play with your middle finger.
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Maybe you just suck at the guitar?

Quote by dudeman_andy
feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda, let it swell up for a while. then feed it to the dogs and

BOOM head shot!

(pigeons explode after having bicarbonate of soda, they cant fart. stupid pigeons.)
usually the string supposed to be muted is marked as " x " if not then you use two fingers to pick both strings at the same time, but if its strumming than you mute the string and only play the ones you're supposed to, usually it's an Octave you're strumming.
Blink that right. Then you may just fingerpick them at the same time with your tumb and another finger.
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Maybe you just suck at the guitar?

Quote by dudeman_andy
feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda, let it swell up for a while. then feed it to the dogs and

BOOM head shot!

(pigeons explode after having bicarbonate of soda, they cant fart. stupid pigeons.)
Cool, I had a similar question with the opening for Stairway...I've been picking both strings, I'll try muting and see how that goes.