probably fender laser sencer pickups but i dont know if they are still ont he market. i got them and there si no buzzing. the only thing is that they are really bright
P-90s sound great, you should look into those, but if you're talking about a strat single, then I'd go with Gibson_Rocker13.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by edwardthegreat5
P-90s sound great, you should look into those, but if you're talking about a strat single, then I'd go with Gibson_Rocker13.

\

how do i fit P-90s into a strat single coil thing?
Quote by llanafreak44
\

how do i fit P-90s into a strat single coil thing?

You can route them, but it'll be too much work and won;t look too great on a strat. The Tex-Mex pups that SRV had on his strat are also excellent.

EDIT- I saw your rig and was wondering what wood the Squire was made of? If it's agathis, don't bother putting new pups in, it'll still sound like crap. But if it's Alder, then go a head and replace 'em.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Last edited by edwardthegreat5 at Jun 20, 2006,
Maybe the look at some of the DiMarzio vitrual series. The 2.1 and the 2.2 are supposed to give you that strat sound from the 50's and 60's. By all accounts they do a marvellous job of reproducing that tone without any hum.
Quote by edwardthegreat5

I'm pretty sure P90s are still noisy (though I think Dimarzio have something thats supposed to be silent)

anyway, its probably Dimarzio with the Virtual series like mentioned. Lace Sensors are also ok but many people find them only average sounding.

EMG's active single coils are also silent and have a pretty good reputation as far as versatility goes compared to their humbuckers. David Gilmour uses them for example...

and allthough their not singlecoils, Seymour Duncan's singlecoil sized humbuckers (Hot Rails, JB Jr, etc....) would also be hum-free.
Last edited by seljer at Jun 20, 2006,
Gold Lace Sensors with extra shielding, also how can pickups sound digital especially those??????
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by edwardthegreat5
You can route them, but it'll be too much work and won;t look too great on a strat. The Tex-Mex pups that SRV had on his strat are also excellent.

EDIT- I saw your rig and was wondering what wood the Squire was made of? If it's agathis, don't bother putting new pups in, it'll still sound like crap. But if it's Alder, then go a head and replace 'em.

LMFAO SRV didn't have Tex Mex singles on any of his strats, he had the original strat coils, but sometimes he had re-wounded by Van Zandt.
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
i dont care for a SRV sound! i could never play that anyways. I just need am pickup that has ultimatly no buzz and keeping the hum to a minimum, and sounds good. Im looking into hotrails as i type
Lace sensors easily. I just put some in mine.

No buzz, really smooth
60-70 bucks each....they set you back a lot if you change all 3
All these posts are pointless. What kind of sound are you looking for? You say you're looking at Hot Rails. So...high gain? Don't care about cleans? We need to know a bit more. And if you want silent, you're going to have to get a stacked humbucker, because even Lace Sensors are prone to buzz.
Hi, I'm Peter
Ok...well, the former is usually not associated with the latter. You should probably use your neck and middle pickup for your cleans and get a high gain bridge. If you're looking at Hot Rails, also take a look at the DiMarzio Chopper or Fast Tracks. The Virtual Vintage series by DiMarzio is also good, but won't give you high gain. And the HS series by DiMarzio is both a good balance of gain and cleans, but is superb at neither.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by The Master Plan
LMFAO SRV didn't have Tex Mex singles on any of his strats, he had the original strat coils, but sometimes he had re-wounded by Van Zandt.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Stevie-Ray-Vaughan-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510053
Quote by Musicians Friend
three Texas Special single-coil pickups

Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
And those pick ups dont sound anything like SRV's even if you run it through a vintage vibroverb, all because they are on that strat doesnt mean he had them on his, he had the stock vintage singles on his. The Lindy Fralins blues special sound alot more like his, also I doubt the Texas Specials were made back then.
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Quote by The Master Plan
And those pick ups dont sound anything like SRV's even if you run it through a vintage vibroverb, all because they are on that strat doesnt mean he had them on his, he had the stock vintage singles on his. The Lindy Fralins blues special sound alot more like his, also I doubt the Texas Specials were made back then.

Good point, you win.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by mystique facade
lol owned

Shut up, you had nothing to do with this conversation, you can't just walk in on any random conversation and declare ownage.
www.edward.justgotowned.com
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Its all good man people make mistakes its not like were robots or anything..........
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Quote by The Master Plan
Its all good man people make mistakes its not like we're robots or anything..........

I'm a robot.

But I have artificial intelligence, so I can feel the music and put some feeling in it.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by edwardthegreat5
I'm a robot.

But I have artificial intelligence, so I can feel the music and put some feeling in it.

Hahaha

you sir, are a dork
Are you programmed for pleasure???
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
I can be
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3

Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3

Smilie wars!!

I think we better stop spamming this thread up.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky