I just got an LTD Truckster and right when I got it I put Ernie Ball "Skinny Top Heavy Bottom" strings on it. There is a minimal amount of string buzz when the strings are played open but when anything is fretted the amount of buzz is too much for my desire. I don't want to raise the action at all since it's not even that low as it is. I'd actually like to lower it more and reduce the amount of buzz as well... not sure if this is possible. I thought the higher gauge strings were a good choice because I've heard the the bigger strings sit higher in the nut and reduce buzz. So My question is... anything I can do about this besides take it to a shop and have it set-up? THANKS
Quote by checco13
I just got an LTD Truckster and right when I got it I put Ernie Ball "Skinny Top Heavy Bottom" strings on it. There is a minimal amount of string buzz when the strings are played open but when anything is fretted the amount of buzz is too much for my desire. I don't want to raise the action at all since it's not even that low as it is. I'd actually like to lower it more and reduce the amount of buzz as well... not sure if this is possible. I thought the higher gauge strings were a good choice because I've heard the the bigger strings sit higher in the nut and reduce buzz. So My question is... anything I can do about this besides take it to a shop and have it set-up? THANKS

i think your just going to have to raise the action to stop fret buzz. but i'm no expert
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by checco13

Well you can check your relief and be sure that your neck isn't bent and causing the ringing.
-Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition Left-Handed
-Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
-New York Pro Acoustic

Quote by Random emo kid
I'm so emo even my tears cry.

Quote by wahappen
I'd probably give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
take it to the shop,they'll set it up perfect. it will only cost you about $100 bucks. you should have that done at least once a year because guitars settle and need a tune up once in a while. its like a new guitar when they are done.
most likely I'll end up goind to the shop... Up here in Duluth Minnesota we only have a "Schmidt Music" and a "Music-Go-Round" Any recommendations for either? Do they even do set-ups? ...I would assume so. I wish we had a Guitar Center!