It seems my whammy bar doesn't work at all on my guitar. I've tried 2 different whammy bars but neither work. What should i try
What do you mean they don't work? Do they not screw in, or what?
"I'm not prejudiced, I hate everyone equally"

--Oscar Wilde
Quote by tarheelfan2
It seems my whammy bar doesn't work at all on my guitar. I've tried 2 different whammy bars but neither work. What should i try

dumb statements like that are perfectly good reason of why your parents should have not had sex on the microwave...
My Gear:
Washburn Lyon Tele Copy
ESP LTD MH250NT
Samick D7-CE :
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Peavy Renown Solo Series Amp
Give the guy a break, he probably just started playing.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Well, try turning the guitar over and unscrewing the plastic plate. When removed you should see three springs. My guess is that those springs are missing or faulty, which would negate the pressure needed for the tremolo system to move the bridge. If they're all there, I'm not sure what to tell you other than take it to a music store.
Quote by El Codyo
Are you rotating it or pressing it to your guitar body?

yea i used to rotate when i started out until i learned the real use
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Hahah me too, i thought you were supposed to rotate it until someone told me how it worked :P then i got the whammy
me 2 ..i thought it tightened the strings....i thought if youtightned it too much it would snap the strings
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
^

You actually can break the strings if you adjust the trem system to the extremes :P and when you are in standard tuning