It picks up everything fine but the cord doesn't stay in very well. There's a nut around where it goes in. Do I just tighten this? If not, what?

(this might seem kinda stupid, but better safe then sorry.)

Edit: well, it picks up most everything good.
Last edited by andersoncouncil at Jun 20, 2006,
Is the nut loose?, then it would be a good idea to tighten it,

also the jack might be worn from the chord getting yanked out or something

and yeah your right, better safe then sorry,
Last edited by Spade1 at Jun 20, 2006,
what kind of guitar is it also what kind of cable? you may have a low end one of these two things if its the guitar get a better jack if it is the cable try a better cable. OR do the free thing just snake it through your strap so there is no slack and it can't fall out
Quote by metalhead90621
Also can a doctor tell if you have been inhaling chemicals like air freshener?

Bite my shiny metal ass
um theres the prong that touches the side of the cable end. if you bend that in towards the hole just a little bit, it would hold the cable in tighter. and if you dont think that does anything, new output jacks only cost a few dollars
It's a Stagg I300 MBK guitar. I have three cables, one ****ty one and two decent ones. none stay in very well, but the better quality ones fit slightly better.
unscrew the nut and take it apart. when you pull the input out turn it around and you'll see a little prong that goes infront of the input hole. that is what makes the connection between the cord and your guitar. if you push that inward (towards where your cord would be) it shouldddd hold your cord there
^^duh that too^^ I guess I'm stupid tonight too
Quote by metalhead90621
Also can a doctor tell if you have been inhaling chemicals like air freshener?

Bite my shiny metal ass
hey everyone who has never seen the inside of thier guitar shutup.

Ok. This is how you fix it.

Unscrew the input jack(not the nut but the actual plate) and you will see a piece of metal sticking out and if you plug the cord in you will see its the one pops the cord in just bend this a little towards the inside of the jack.
also If your guitar has a back cavity you might want to hold the guitar upside down before you unscrew the jack, other wise the jack would fall in and you would have to take the back panel off, (learned that the hard way)
It's a Stagg I300 MBK guitar. I have three cables, one ****ty one and two decent ones. none stay in very well, but the better quality ones fit slightly better.
Where can you buy a high-end jack??????????
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
It fits tight now. I haven't tried it, but I think it'll also help it pick up every signal from the guitar, not just most of them.

Edit: sorry about the double post
Last edited by andersoncouncil at Jun 20, 2006,