hey everyone,
I have a new piece up and am looking for some critiques. UGers always give the best ones so i came back here.
http://www.myspace.com/atc228

Its a song called "Callow" with a simple drum beat behind it (made on a drum machine) and a bass track finishing up the rhythm. I topped it all off with a wah lead after the feedbacky intro. its a rather long intro but ive grown attatched to it and i feel it works. and comments and critiques are welcome, i will crit back, hopefully within a day or two, (ive been having computer troubles lately.)

thank you for your time,
andrew

EDIT: I just uploaded the song onto my dmusic account as well, so you can listen to it there if the other one doesnt work.
Callow
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
Last edited by atc228 at Jun 23, 2006,
nice muted wah strumming in the beginning (all hendrix voodoo child style ), and also great control with the wah, your lead has really progressed since i've know you.

i also like that lick you do where you're doing the hammer on/pull off consecutively and then you bend the string to make the pitch go up.

9/10 man, only reason you didn't get a perfect score is because the piece is too short man..

btw sign on aim man
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
Very good, i remember going to your page awhile back and liking all of your stuff, so i gave it all another play, and it was all good still.

Callow is really good, definetly my favorite song up there.

8.5/10
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Wow. You are awesome with a guitar. Everything was good. The only thing I could find that I personally didn't like was the high screechy guitar (which I think you meant it to sound like that, but that's just me personally). It's phsycadelic so I guess that's how it's suppose to sound. lol. But anyway, great job, keep it up.
Quote by Colby81
Wow. You are awesome with a guitar. Everything was good. The only thing I could find that I personally didn't like was the high screechy guitar (which I think you meant it to sound like that, but that's just me personally). It's phsycadelic so I guess that's how it's suppose to sound. lol. But anyway, great job, keep it up.

do you mean the wah muted picking in the begining with the feedback? or do you mean just the tone in general throughout the entire piece?
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
OMG! I love that! At the beginning it has like a jamacain sound (Love the sound!) and then on the one part I actually thought it was you going "AHHHHH", You actually make your guitar talk. Ugh I love it! I have nothing bad to say about it.
the intro reminds alot of voodoo child, just the wah action parts, but i can tell its an original, this is awesome stuff man, love this kinda stuff you hit the spot just for me man. that was awesome man, i loved every minute of it, sounded very classic. loved it man, nothing to bad to say about it, maybe could be a little longer or make it into a song with lyrics and stuff. very awesome though can you crit mine? it has wah too

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383588
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
that was very good control with the guitar...just like everyone else said..sounded like hendrix

keep it up
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?