Alright, it's very close approaching the time for purchasing a new guitar, about 2-4 weeks, hopefully. Now, I had my mind set on a Schechter C1 Hellraiser w/ Floyd Rose for a quite a few months, now i'm starting to look at another guitar though. The Ibanez RG1570. They both cost about the same.

- I currently have a cheap Ibanez, and I really like the small neck on it, i've heard that Schecter necks have a pretty bad feel to them. However, i'll be going from 22 to 24 frets anyways so i'll still have to get used to the neck correct?
- Also, is the pickups/tremolo on the Ibanez any good when compared to the Hellraiser?
- Last of all, the Ibanez is a bolt-on neck while the Schecter has a very nice Set-Neck, will it really make a difference though?

I mostly play metal, eg:

Nevermore
Lamb Of God
Between The Buried And Me
Dream Theater
Necrophagist
some Avenged Sevenfold

..........my favourite tone would probably be a typical John Petrucci one, that would lean more towards an Ibanez I think.

So what do you guys think I should get? I know, go play them and find out, i'll be ordering from the net though so I can't.
if u want to try em out go to a guitar shop near you. do you live anywhere near a guitar center or anything like that? they have alot there. u can try it out, hold it, test it with certain pedals and amps. that could help narrow down ur decision
Nope, I would have to ask the Guitar shop to order one in for me to test but that would take a long time.
Yeh, id say the Ibanez for your styles.

Its got a much thinner neck for shredding, and imo much more comfortable...

And petrucci used an Ibanez for a long ass time, basically the same thing as the 1570...

The schecter is good, but i just dont like the feel of it. Not my style.

And yes, the schecter does have better pickups, but you can always upgrade.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
^ THey are both the best in the business, but id personally take the Ibanez... I think its abetter overall trem, its more comfortable, and lower profile.... Better for anchoring
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
lower profile is very good........that leans me more towards the Ibanez now......i's also about $80 cheaper.........
So does anyone else have an opinion? I probably shouldn't make threads at midnight.
^ ERR Edge Pro 2.... Ive heard bad about em although ive never tried them.

Look for the JP model on ebay...
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Oh yea, I meant to ask about that. So, their like, worse than the original edge pro? I think I only found 1 JP model on ebay.

Edit: Nope, none on ebay.
I thought you were looking for the RG1570
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Yes, apparently worse. My friend has one and complains about it's trouble with holding tune. JPMs are sweet, but because they're discontinued, awesome, and a signature model, they won't come cheap. Go with an RG1570 and a pickup change.
Or so i hear, probably just lieka rumor because its a cheaper model than the edge pro.

Supposedly, yes its worse.

I still say 1570
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I think the 1570 will cost to much for pick-up changes, I could probably just buy a better overall guitar.

I did find 1 petrucci but the guy is askin $2150 american. I could have sworn I found one for like $900 but I can't seem to locate it again.
^ You cant get much better than a 1570 w/ pickupchange. It would be basically the same thing as the basswood jem, without a monkey grip and pickgaurd...

OH, and 1000$ less.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
what kind of machine heads do they have? and is it possible to get rid of that 3 way selector and put in one of those ones like they have on gibsons? I like those a lot better.

Now, if I were to go with the Air Norton/Steve's Special for the humbuckers, what do you recommend for the single coil?
Last edited by YYZ at Jun 24, 2006,
That doesn;t really seem right with the other 2 humbuckers.
Umm, Dimarzio Blue Velvet... I think they make a single coil naemd that dont quote me.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
One more thing about these RG's which I didn't really notice until recently was that their just so long. Like, the other day picked up some S series guitar at the music store and it felt so small in my hands, I like that, I have more control over something like that. They don't have 24 frets though and the prestige models don't even have fret markers which I kind of want.
Be careful about the neck, the S series have a Wizard II neck, witch is slightly thicker than a wizard found on an RG. Slightly thicker, but very noticeably different, I love my wizard II but I could not stand the Wizard. It was good for lead but for chording I could not stand it, and I have small hands. But the 1570 has a prestige neck so I don't exactly know what it feels like. All preference tho.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Well, i'll get the rg1570 then with upgraded pickups. That should be good for a few years, then I geuss i'll just have to get myself a custom guitar some time in the distant future.