Does this band fit under this forum? I wasn't exactly sure, as they have a pretty psychedelic sound but are too modern to be classic rock. I didn't find anything in search either.

anways, this can be moved if necessary.

So what do you guys think of this band? I think the lead singer is crazy and eccentric as hell and that probably prevented the band from making more good music, but I think they have some good stuff. I like the albums "Their Satanic Majesties Second Request" and "And This Is Our Music". Plus its pretty cool that they have all of their music online for free.

What do you think?
they have some big fans here. the guy is such a ****ing asshole haha. i like his elton john style outbursts more than his music.
I really don't know anything about this band except that during Dig! they break a sitar and it saddened me.
Quote by emomints
Green day have to be one of the biggest emo bands in the world (and I still love them). Which do you lot think is there most emo song 'coz me and my friend can't decide lol
I know that "Maybe Tomorrow" is a cool song, it's like a better version of most Oasis songs and not as primitive.

The album "Strung Out In Heaven" was labelled by lots of big magazines as the best album never to make it. I wouldn't fully agree with that but they seem worth a check.
Love them. One of my favorite bands, and I think Anton (the heroin-addled singer) is hilariously insane.
Yeah I love them. My only problem is that their sound isn't varied enough at times, but in a way it's a good thing because I can put on almost any BJM album I have and be satisfied. It's very good summer time music, Strung Out in Heaven is probably one of my favorite summer albums.
saw them play a gig on their recent UK tour... and they ended up playing for 2 and a half hours... awesome

joel the tambourine guy is back too wooo!
Originally posted by guitarkid27
RobbieMac2002 gives good advice.
They're pretty good, or what I've heard is. Some of it reminds me of Dylan just a touch.
I don't like the music at all, but they make a good documentary. I couldn't believe how stuck up Anton was in Dig!. I guess it would still be entertaining to go to a show, even though I hate the music, just in case he started a fight with someone in the band.
oh yeah i saw a part of that documentary but didn't knew who they were
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Like many others, I heard about them through Dig. I like them, but they're not as good as The Dandys. Still pretty groovy though.
Sorry about being a couple of months too late but does anyone know how to get the OGG formatted songs to work?

I'm not much of a computer wiz maybe I'll just pick up an album...
ye i like them but i picked up the only album i could gte which was bravery repertition noise and didn't think it was that good. there aren't really any terribly songs but they all sound pretty similar. You can get there songs on the net?!?! wasted my money then.
i dreamed i saw st. augustine
alive with fiery breath
and i dreamed i was amongst the ones
that put him out to death.
I was reading this thread before thinking what the hell is Dig!? I just realised that it must be that documentry on the Dandy Warhols. I didn't know the Brian Jonestown Massacre were in it, but I shall have to see it now despite not being a big fan of the Dandy Warhols.
I like the song Open Heart Surgery... and I must also stress that the song is not by The Bravery. Though, I'll admit I discovered it because I was downloading songs by The Bravery.

I like Hide & Seek too. Though it gets a little cray-zay. They remind me of The Cure, and that isn't a band thing!
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
BJM are amazing! They write great songs (and Joel Rocks.) if you like dandy warhols etc. then i advise listening to them,they are a psychadelia rock band.
Quote by Goon
Sorry about being a couple of months too late but does anyone know how to get the OGG formatted songs to work?

I'm not much of a computer wiz maybe I'll just pick up an album...

WinAmp is supposed to play them.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
WinAmp is supposed to play them.

That's for ze much anticipated words of advice. Awesome.
Confirmed. WinAmp does. And I'm in the process of converting mine to .mp3 format so my crappy mp3 player can play them.

I'm loving the Dianne Perry Tape.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
the bjm kicks ass at times, but at others it's really obvious who their influences are. and then their cds like "take it from the man" get really repetative. listen to "caress" and the title track on that cd. their pretty much the same song
but on the other hand. "thank god for mental illness" kicks ass all the way through