Here's the story:

So, today I was playing my twin reverb. I had it cranked, but I only got to play for like 15 minutes because I had to go eat. 20 minutes later I turn my amp on and when ever I played a note I got this horrible buzzing sound . I checked my cable and everything. I come back hours later, same thing. It's past time to change tubes, so thats what i'm thinking.
Member #1 of the ' I <3 mids club,' PM roc8995 to join

Gibson 58' reissue
MIM strat
Vox v847 (truebypass mod)
modded Ts9
Fulltone OCD
Tonebone Hotbritish
Keeley Fuzzhead
WH-1 whammy
assorted swirlly stuff
Boss DM-3
Fender Twin Reverb
well turn it on and see if they are the normal red/orange color or blue, if they are blue they are bad if not then idk.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
yep there blue (all 4), time to change

Do I have to take it to get it rebiased if I put in fender 6L6 tubes like the ones already in it?

Gibson 58' reissue
MIM strat
modded Ts9
Fulltone OCD
Tonebone Hotbritish
Keeley Fuzzhead
WH-1 whammy
assorted swirlly stuff
Boss DM-3
Fender Twin Reverb
Do you have any idea how much rebiasing would cost?

I'm thinking $100-$150 for new pre and power amp tubes.

also, has anyone tried EL84's in a twin?

Gibson 58' reissue
MIM strat
modded Ts9
Fulltone OCD
Tonebone Hotbritish
Keeley Fuzzhead
WH-1 whammy
assorted swirlly stuff
Boss DM-3
Fender Twin Reverb
Last edited by swd250 at Jun 22, 2006,
Dude okay most tubes glow blue, it is a fact of life, blue tubes are by no means a sign of blown tubes. And as long as you get the same kind of tubes then there is really no need to re-bias. Also you don't need preamp tubes if you are going to replace them just power amp. And as far as the buzzing is concerned I don't really know what to tell you but I don't really think it is a tube issue. Blown tubes usually lead to blown fuses. And there is really no set time to replace tubes. Yeah the general life a power tube is a year but they last longer especially if you don't drive them hard and often.
I've had the amp for just over a year, but today I found out that the person who owned it before me never changed the tubes in the 7 (yes 7) years he had it. And it was working great until just a couple of day ago. So, even if tubes aren't the whole problem they should be a dang good place to start.

Gibson 58' reissue
MIM strat
modded Ts9
Fulltone OCD
Tonebone Hotbritish
Keeley Fuzzhead
WH-1 whammy
assorted swirlly stuff
Boss DM-3
Fender Twin Reverb
DAMN!!! Yeah you should probably change them but it might not solve your problem. Could you maybe describe the buzzing a little better
the buzzing is kinda like the buzz when my guitar is unplugged and i touch the tip of the cable. thats the best way i can describe it. it's just a really bad really nasty distorted buzz. It just happens intermittently and is gets worse and more frequent as the volume goes up.

I think it's going to the shop tomorrow.

Gibson 58' reissue
MIM strat
modded Ts9
Fulltone OCD
Tonebone Hotbritish
Keeley Fuzzhead
WH-1 whammy
assorted swirlly stuff
Boss DM-3
Fender Twin Reverb