I already have an AmSe Strat.. so just some future thinking here.. what would be a good 2nd Strat? I'm thinking maybe something with a slightly different tone and feel.. vintage perhaps
nothing over uh $1500.. if even that
didn't you just get that mia one like yesterday?
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

i think you should get a tele instead of another strat

tele's are completely different in terms of tone and feel there are only subtle differences between different strats.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
well i personally like the feel of tele's alot more
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
I would strongly advise a tele.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Eric Johnson strat. It's a step up from the MIA standard; and it's possibly the best non-custom-shop stratocaster currently made by Fender.

If you are looking for something cheaper:
Robert Cray (If you want a hardtail) or Jimmie Vaughan strat.
^ oooh the Eric Johnson strat is supposed to be godly. i would go with that!
id go with a tele over another strat, like coconut rag said. they are comfortable, and have extremely nice tone.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
The Eric Johnson also costs more than any other non-custom shop sig strat, like $1,600-1,700. I second or third or whatever the Tele.
Hi, I'm Peter
well def a '62 reissue if you cant get the Eric Johnson strat

but seriously. read the Harmony Central reviews for the Eric Johnson strat..i have yet to hear a bad thing about it.
Quote by JET116
well def a '62 reissue if you cant get the Eric Johnson strat

but seriously. read the Harmony Central reviews for the Eric Johnson strat..i have yet to hear a bad thing about it.

Here's a bad thing:
Because it doesn't have any string trees, on some guitars the strings will ring behind the nut, which is annoying.

That's the only negative thing I have heard.
I would look into getting another stock MIA Std. and customizing it. This will end up being cheaper than getting the signature edition strats in the long run. If you happen to want my opinion on a beautiful strat setup, go with arguably the most versitile single coil pup set up out there. Lace Sensors. Use a LS Gold in the bridge, a silver in the mid, and a blue in the neck. The gold will give you the crunch and highs that you'll want from your bridge pickup, the silver is a mellower 70's rock tone, and the blue is that deep bluesey single coil sound. PM me if you have any more questions about this set up, I have two strats, one set up just like this, and another with Hot Gold Lace Sensors all around and I can't get enough of them.
I was gonna post the Eric Johnson, beacuse if I played a Strat, it would be what I played, but he said $1500 was pushing it. But it is definately worth the cash if you save up to it.
Go and play a load and see which ones you prefer, and look at Teles too when you're trying out, v different to strats both tonewise and the feel.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30